UPDATE: He created a new listing under the same shop name (listed in photo), for anyone who needs it 🤗
Yeah I’ve been off the forums for quite a few months - getting caught up. Thanks for the info!Yes, I mentioned the TSB elsewhere, including that it's been updated to include some 2020 MY Ascents. The controller is in the back, and an easy installation. It is behind the cargo wall on the passenger side, mounted to a support frame in the rear quarter panel. Removing the cargo tray is required. Removing the third row makes it easier.
I think he's looking for 2 things:
1) Time they will take to do this in hours?
2) Cost to him, which should be zero
From my experience, it took my dealership about 2 hours to complete the work. The component is located on passenger side behind the lower trim panel (black piece) near the D pillar. I don't believe my 3rd row seats were removed judging by what was moved around in my trunk. The carpet flap connecting the 3rd row seat to the rear tray was not put back and I just popped back back in the clips when I noticed the day after.
- One to two hours. Reimbursable labor is 54 minutes (0.4h diags, 0.5h installation). It will take longer on a car stuffed with stuff. Diags cannot take shorter due to the timeout test. Bay availability may make the entire process take longer (eg: car sits in lot until an open bay is available). Parts ordering may require the car to be brought back.
- Zero dollars under standard warranty. Zero dollars to deductible on Gold Plus warranty.
Thanks for that great info! Do you know the TSB number? I'd like to have it with me the next time I'm in the shop.True to what Robert said but to add more color:
1) A TSB has been issued for the rear gate controller, the piece that arbitrates what voltage is needed for how long. Affecting model year 2019 and some of 2020 (but presumably fixed for the 2021 builds), the new controller will drop the amps it draws (~4Amps) down to a < 1Amp after 20 minutes of the rear hatch being up. To be sure, there is a class action suit about the battery situation and that is tied to Ascent and other Subaru's but doesn't include 2021 Ascent.