Subaru Ascent Forum banner

41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Changed out all interior bulbs to LEDs. The original bulbs were in pretty tight and super hot. I couldn't believe they reached almost 300F/150C!

I had a bunch of these LEDs left over from my RV led conversion: AutoUS90 (Amazon ASIN: B018XIRLDO) Warm White Bulbs The color temperature is approx. 3000k. Just between standard bulbs and cool white LEDs.

·
Registered
543 Posts
^^^ That's how "quartz halogen" bulbs work. The halogen gas and high temperature of the bulb recycles tungsten back to the filament greatly prolonging its life allowing it be run at higher color temperature providing whiter light and greater efficiency than normal incandescent lamps.

That's the upside. The downside is they get really hot.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I hardwired a forward facing dash cam from Garmin. It's tiny and can connect up to 3 more cameras per Garmin for a total of 4 for a poor man's surround view system. :):) I only have 1 camera at this time so I haven't tested the composite from 4 cameras.

·
Registered
104 Posts
First Subaru Ascent with 27 cup holders!

I received my two back-of-the-front seat organizers and installed them. Each seat organizer comes with four additional cup holders! Yes, I know everyone here is jealous! :p #27cupholders That makes 3.3 drinks per passenger with bench seats

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I hardwired a forward facing dash cam from Garmin. It's tiny and can connect up to 3 more cameras per Garmin for a total of 4 for a poor man's surround view system. :):) I only have 1 camera at this time so I haven't tested the composite from 4 cameras.
can you post a link to the one you installed? thanks!

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
1,528 Posts
(Yesterday)...I hit the car wash, cleaned the inside of the windows and vacuumed the floors after adjusting the air pressure in the tires. Exciting, I know. :) But that tends to be my ritual before I take to the highway to visit my 89 yo kid, err....mother...in Florida. A clean vehicle drives better you know. :D

·
Super Moderator
6,533 Posts
(Yesterday)...I hit the car wash, cleaned the inside of the windows and vacuumed the floors after adjusting the air pressure in the tires. Exciting, I know. :) But that tends to be my ritual before I take to the highway to visit my 89 yo kid, err....mother...in Florida. A clean vehicle drives better you know. :D
I tend to hit the car wash the night before or the morning of each of my off-roading trips. Makes utterly no sense. Yet, I do it, virtually every time. And then the mud stays on my car until it rains (or the next trip - whichever comes first). :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
642 Posts
Have a safe trip Jim.

I also clean my vehicles before a trip for some reason.

I did daily child care for my dad for several years as his dementia slowly took him away. I enjoyed the time we spent together and would not have done it any other way.

Hope you enjoy your family time.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
1,528 Posts
Thanks. My mother had a nasty fall about a month and a half ago and is still in Rehab. I'm really hoping she'll be able to transition back to her assisted living suite room...which I just moved her into in August from an independent living apartment for more care and better socialization. (She lives in a not-for-profit life-care community) I'm not holding my breath on her being able to get back to that room, however. She may need the additional nursing care at this point. I also will be spending a day with a close friend's 12yo daughter on the weekend. My friend is a single mom and kinda a "sister from another mother" with me at this point. I try to be a positive male adult in her daughter's life and try to get time with the girl whenever I have the opportunity...I treat her like another daughter, more or less. :) A few other visits will ensue so I can drop off honey to a few friends and relatives while I'm in that area. (Professor Dr. SWMBO is a beekeeper in her spare time) At least it's an easy drive and at this point my Ascent knows the way...it will the third trip this year. I retired from a "high mileage" occupation and...I still put on the miles. LOL

·
Registered
11 Posts
Dropped it off again to try to fix the lift gate dashboard switch that hasn't been fixed since we got the piece of junk just a day after getting it back after the pcv went into the engine and left me in a dangerous position on a busy road. I hate this vehicle.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
No complaints with them. They installed easily and work well. The question of style is a matter of personal preference but for me the style and functionality hit the target. I do like the rigidity of them. The attachment point has not loosened up.

41 - 60 of 86 Posts