Subaru Ascent Forum banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Here's one shot from a panorama I shot in Montana today.

Day one of driving this, I picked it up this morning in Montana and I'm now in Wyoming.
Did you get a significantly better price in Montana than what was available in Arizona?
It was compatible, but I wouldn’t have had the enjoyable drive home via so many places.

I will say the the dealer was far less hassle than any in Arizona.

Ask for Brady Wagner at Rimrock subaru in Billings, MT.

I’d recommend the Costco auto program (the ascent is excluded as most dealers are doing due to demand) but the upgrade to executive business member (an extra $60) enabled me to get $200 discount voucher on completion of a post purchase survey) for the $400 dog divider. (50% off up to $200, or 50% off up to $100 if lower Costco memberships).

·
Super Moderator
7,404 Posts
Gorgeous! How was installing the fog light vinyl? And, how did you black out the Ascent emblem?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Gorgeous! How was installing the fog light vinyl? And, how did you black out the Ascent emblem?
The yellow overlays were a piece of cake. Easiest way to do it is to pop off the fog light shroud. The emblem is actually a black DIT emblem. I decided to remove all the badges since there's not full set of black emblems available and I prefer the cleaner and look.

·
Registered
14 Posts
2019 Premium: Hitch bumper cutout, vinyl wrapped chrome strip on rear gate, replaced stock halogen low beam and reverse lights with Diode Dynamics LEDs, replaced stock horns with Subaru Tribeca stock horns, Fumoto valve, and FO Pinnacle tint, among a few other things.

·
Registered
228 Posts
It looks great! I especially like the fact that you covered the center chrome piece! Gosh I hate that Ford-esque look. Did you order that from a company and apply it yourself? Is it relatively easy?

·
Registered
14 Posts
It looks great! I especially like the fact that you covered the center chrome piece! Gosh I hate that Ford-esque look. Did you order that from a company and apply it yourself? Is it relatively easy?
Thanks, Cactus! Yeah, my goal was to tone the back down...too much chrome! Actually, that (and the tint) are the only things I listed that I didn't do myself. Too much precision involved with vinyl wrapping to do it right, so I took it to a local shop who did an amazing job...feels like it was painted on! I would really like to tone the front down and do the grill too, but had a lot of problems with road debris on our '12 Forester's wrapped grill...got tired of having to get it redone after a couple of years...and the Ascent's grill is much bigger and would cost more.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just finished installing my Rally light bar yesterday so I had to get some quick pictures. No I just need to put my front license plate back on and maybe I'll paint the bolts black.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just finished installing my Rally light bar yesterday so I had to get some quick pictures. No I just need to put my front license plate back on and maybe I'll paint the bolts black.

View attachment 3625
View attachment 3626
those supertones tho...do you think the central location projects sound better or simply looks awesome? I love the look of those Hellas, but ended up ordering some PIAA superior bass horns based on sound, and will be installing soon, have to decide between stock location and behind the grill...not as pretty though.

·
Registered
102 Posts
those supertones tho...do you think the central location projects sound better or simply looks awesome? I love the look of those Hellas, but ended up ordering some PIAA superior bass horns based on sound, and will be installing soon, have to decide between stock location and behind the grill...not as pretty though.

View attachment 3634
Behind the grille helps project the sound as there's no bumper blocking the horns, and they look awesome when people notice them.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts