Subaru Ascent Forum banner
81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Tell me I can get some 18 inch wheels and squeeze some 2 peak rated tires on this without them rubbing.
Well, I run 19” wheels on my touring with 255x60 Wildpeaks. The my have a tread width of 8.7” and a 31.1” overall diameter. I have zero rubbing. Let me know if you want a pic or two. Of note, I had to switch out my spare to a larger OD to better match the larger tires.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well, I run 19” wheels on my touring with 255x60 Wildpeaks. The my have a tread width of 8.7” and a 31.1” overall diameter. I have zero rubbing. Let me know if you want a pic or two. Of note, I had to switch out my spare to a larger OD to better match the larger tires.
Absolutely, send some pics. You didn't have to cut any of the wheel well out did you?

·
Registered
35 Posts
View attachment 15590
View attachment 15593
View attachment 15589
View attachment 15591
View attachment 15594
View attachment 15592

No mods needed. “Nelly Bell” is a little dirty today but hopefully you will get the overall look.
Thanks and she looks great! It's a relief I can put the WildPeaks on without cutting the inside of the wheel wells. I'm not sure my wife would even come close to approving of that! I ran across your ascent on here before. You're the member that took the SUBARU emblem off the back and put it above the front grill. Looks good!

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Thanks and she looks great! It's a relief I can put the WildPeaks on without cutting the inside of the wheel wells. I'm not sure my wife would even come close to approving of that! I ran across your ascent on here before. You're the member that took the SUBARU emblem off the back and put it above the front grill. Looks good!
Tirerack has a big inventory of Wildpeaks in a variety of sizes. Here’s the same tire as I have, but in 18”.
Font Number Rectangle Screenshot Parallel

·
Premium Member
2021 Ascent Touring
430 Posts
Tons of Ascent owners have 18" A/T tires (and some have 19s and 17s) that have the same diameter as the OEM tires on 20s and have no problems with fitment. You can dig around on here and find others who have upsized without needing to do any alteration to the vehicle.

Reactions: Babayaga

·
Registered
35 Posts
Okay, their pretty badass looking on 20 inch rims too! A lot of choices. is the sidewall he same height as the 18’s or does Falken compress the sidewall height?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Okay, their pretty badass looking on 20 inch rims too! A lot of choices. is the sidewall he same height as the 18’s or does Falken compress the sidewall height?

The sidewalls on the 20's are of course, shorter - as the tires are 255/50/20's, the nominal specs for these are 255mm across the tread x 55 (55% of width = sidewall height, or 140mm high) x 20 (20" rim diameter)

The 255/65/18's posted above for example are 255mm across the tread x 65% sidewall height (165.75mm height) x 18" rim.

Though they have the same tread width, the overall diameter of the 18's as listed is 31.1" and the 20's are 30.1".

I am aware of a few owners who went with 265/50/20's, with an diameter of 30.6", and stated there was no rubbing issues either.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
The sidewalls on the 20's are of course, shorter - as the tires are 255/50/20's, the nominal specs for these are 255mm across the tread x 55 (55% of width = sidewall height, or 140mm high) x 20 (20" rim diameter)

The 255/65/18's posted above for example are 255mm across the tread x 65% sidewall height (165.75mm height) x 18" rim.

Though they have the same tread width, the overall diameter of the 18's as listed is 31.1" and the 20's are 30.1".

I am aware of a few owners who went with 265/50/20's, with an diameter of 30.6", and stated there was no rubbing issues either.
I have 255 x 60 x 19, which are 31.1” and have no rubbing. 😉

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
5,625 Posts
The OEM tire size is the same diameter regardless of wheel size so yes, the aspect ratio changes between 18s and 20s. 18s have more sidewall.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just picked up our ‘22 from getting the chrome blacked out. Looks so much better than stock!!
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Ordered the Onyx rear badges and of course they’re coming snail mail. After that I believe this transformation is complete.

81 - 100 of 107 Posts