Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This seemed to start or got worse after I updated the Navigation stuff back in December, the splashscreen pops up every few minutes, sometimes seconds, after I press OK
, especially when I have my iPhone connected and in CarPlay. How do I get it to stop popping up--and, WHICH device and software is it even meaning?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
803 Posts
This happens every time your Accent connects to a WiFi network and if it is connected continually it will check continually.

Turn off your iPhones WiFi hotspot or if others are using it while driving just go into the car's WiFi settings and Forget/disconnect from your iPhone hotspot. You probably used that to update the car head unit software at some point.

This isn't related to any software update it has always done this.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
803 Posts
Try setting the head unit to not automatically check for updates so that you can fetch them youself when you want to.
^^^ Or do this ?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't have my iPhone setup as a HotSpot, so, shouldn't be connecting via it (or does it try and use regular cellular)? Does this have something to do with that Aha software? It bugs me a lot, too, and I have yet to find a use for it, and have never used it to download or update anything. Thanks--I'll probably just turn off the "check automatically". Seems Subaru should just add a setting to "check software hourly/daily/weekly/monthly" so that it behaves a bit more civilized and only checks once during that period. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,907 Posts
Updates are only available via WiFi. The system will not check via cellular. So for it to come up with that message, it's connecting to "some" WiFi network at the time, such as your home network, assuming you set that up.

Reactions: Robert.Mauro

·
Registered
561 Posts
You can delete your home network so it can not log in. At some time it was configured with the wifi password. When that goes away, it won't be able to update.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Updates are only available via WiFi. The system will not check via cellular. So for it to come up with that message, it's connecting to "some" WiFi network at the time, such as your home network, assuming you set that up.
The repeated pop-ups, literally every few seconds, were happening when my iPhone was connected, but we were no where near my home wireless (or any other wireless network that my car or phone had a password to connect to) network.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Annoying messages on the infotainment system should be much better controlled as they can be dangerously distracting. A few days ago I was constantly receiving a Winter Weather Warning Advisory every five minutes while I was driving. Once is enough, anything more and it becomes a safety distraction.

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
Your Issues:
Usually, this has to do with improperly configured WiFi, which I will cover below, for everyone else. BUT, for you, there's AHA, which will update via your phone. Delete it from your phone. You should be all set now. You don't need it if you have home wifi that's close enough for the car to use for updates.

Once you delete it, the car will use your home wifi to check for updates, and you should only see that message when you first turn the car on at home. It should not repeat again until you get in range of your home wifi, unless #3 below also applies.

FOR NON-AHA USERS:
This usually only happens when connected to WiFi. Your car is connected to some WiFi.
  1. Make sure you do not connect it to the AT&T hotspot.
  2. Make sure it is not connected to your phone.
  3. Make sure you are not using the same HotSpot name and password for your house and car (or house and local wifi broadband), otherwise it WILL connect to those too, even if you didn't intend it to.

Most commonly, someone connected the car to a cell phone, or the car to its own HotSpot (neither should be done except briefly for a specific update).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.