Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I get that call today that my Ascent has arrived...is beautiful...is ready for pick up...and its a week early!!!!

Awesome!!!!

Then I find out that because it's Columbus Day my bank is closed...

I need that loan to purchase the car...

So here I sit, broken hearted...tried to by a car, but couldn't get started...

it's so close...I am so excited...but...frustration rears its ugly head.

Haha. All will be well...and its only one day...but....IT"S STILL ONE DAY!!!!

Sigh...

<rant off>

·
Registered
107 Posts
Congrats that the car is here early! Man, I can understand your position though. Even though it's only one day I would be climbing the ceilings.

·
Registered
253 Posts
So I get that call today that my Ascent has arrived...is beautiful...is ready for pick up...and its a week early!!!!

Awesome!!!!

Then I find out that because it's Columbus Day my bank is closed...

I need that loan to purchase the car...

So here I sit, broken hearted...tried to by a car, but couldn't get started...

it's so close...I am so excited...but...frustration rears its ugly head.

Haha. All will be well...and its only one day...but....IT"S STILL ONE DAY!!!!

Sigh...

<rant off>
Subaru may be able to match or beat your finance rate you'd get from your bank. I am saying this in a complete vacuum without knowing other important details, of course.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You're right, it never hurts to ask...which I did...which they couldn't! Haha.

I have been on the phone trying finagle a combination of personal checks, credit cards, etc to cover the difference until the banks open together. So far no joy but it's actually kind of fun trying to string it all together. My dealership wont accept more than 5k on a credit card which is too bad because I could cover the whole cost on mine otherwise, haha.

·
Registered
646 Posts
You're right, it never hurts to ask...which I did...which they couldn't! Haha.

I have been on the phone trying finagle a combination of personal checks, credit cards, etc to cover the difference until the banks open together. So far no joy but it's actually kind of fun trying to string it all together. My dealership wont accept more than 5k on a credit card which is too bad because I could cover the whole cost on mine otherwise, haha.
LOL! I love/hate that. "We've increased your maximum available credit!" "Ok, why? I pay it off each month." "Because of your good payment history (and we're hoping you will put something big on it and stop paying it off)

Imagine those sweet, sweet points/cash back//whatever
YASSSSS!!!

OP, probably too late but could you have done a credit card check? Sometimes they come with upfront fees so it's not worth it though.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was able to rob Peter to pay Paul so in the end...yup...that beautiful blue baby came home today. I am soooooo very stoked. I had a great time learning all about it. Now I just need to figure out how to pair it with my garage! I think that I need to do it from the actual garage because it didn't learn from the clicker :(

·
Registered
646 Posts
I was able to rob Peter to pay Paul so in the end...yup...that beautiful blue baby came home today. I am soooooo very stoked. I had a great time learning all about it. Now I just need to figure out how to pair it with my garage! I think that I need to do it from the actual garage because it didn't learn from the clicker :(
From my experience the car learns from the clicker then you have to tell the physical opener near ceiling to look for the car.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is exactly what I ended up doing. Works great.

Now if I could just figure out how to have my phone play music and run Waze at the same time that would be great!

When waze talks, the music shuts off for an unacceptably long time then will kick in right up until waze talks again then the ridiculously long shut down occurs again.

Eventually I am going to just get a USB with music on it but I am bummed that the streaming option is not available to me in any meaningful way if I use Waze.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.