Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far, it seems like Thule is their official partner for rack/mounting accessories. Does anyone know if Yakima accessories are compatible?

·
Registered
978 Posts
Rail grabs and any Yakima gear will work. I have all sorts of Yakima stuff and it will all go on easily using rail grabs and yakima bars. I have three bars different lengths I used them based on my need etc.

·
Registered
764 Posts
So far, it seems like Thule is their official partner for rack/mounting accessories. Does anyone know if Yakima accessories are compatible?
You will want to double check to confirm for sure, but Yakima used to be the official partner until a few years ago when Thule stepped in.

·
Registered
219 Posts
You will want to double check to confirm for sure, but Yakima used to be the official partner until a few years ago when Thule stepped in.
Jason, Any update with the Subaru crossbars? When they should be in stock?

·
Administrator
10,411 Posts
Jason, Any update with the Subaru crossbars? When they should be in stock?
Already available for order. SubaruParts isn't showing backorder, but I am not sure how accurate that is. FYI, most of the dealership parts ordering is actually done through the SubaruParts system.

Crossbar Set - Aero
Part Number: SOA843X010

Extended Crossbar
Part Number: SOA567X010

·
Registered
764 Posts
Already available for order. SubaruParts isn't showing backorder, but I am not sure how accurate that is. FYI, most of the dealership parts ordering is actually done through the SubaruParts system.

Crossbar Set - Aero
Part Number: SOA843X010

Extended Crossbar
Part Number: SOA567X010

Neither of those say it will fit the Ascent. My parts department says they can't even order them yet. EDIT: My parts guy just called me back and said you CAN order the regular crossbars for the Ascent, but not the more expensive extended crossbars.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Neither of those say it will fit the Ascent. My parts department says they can't even order them yet. EDIT: My parts guy just called me back and said you CAN order the regular crossbars for the Ascent, but not the more expensive extended crossbars.
Wonder if that means popular package #3 for the touring can now be added as an option

·
Administrator
10,411 Posts
Neither of those say it will fit the Ascent. My parts department says they can't even order them yet.
Those are specifically the Ascent fitting crossbars. The Aero's are already on my order, and I considered the Extended, but they're too much money for the never-use I'll get out of them.

And they can be ordered pretty easily by customers. I just ordered a set, right up to the payment confirmation screen. You'll find it in your *customer's* front end accessories ordering section under Lifestyle.

So, short version is, you can order them already, at the very least, directly by the part number - or through your dealer's customer parts portal (eg: the nationwide web parts page) by model lookup (2019 Ascent).

I have no idea why they're not in the parts department lookup, but I suspect you'll find them pretty easily by part number. I hope that helps.

SubaruOnlineParts also has them listed:
https://subaruonlineparts.com/subaru-ascent-crossbar-aero-p-4801.html

NOTE TO ALL:
THE AERO BARS DO NOT SUPPORT TENTS - you need the extended for that.

Attachments

·
Registered
553 Posts
I e-mailed a company that sells the Aero crossbars for the Forester and they said they WILL NOT fit the Ascent. I just now emailed them the Part Numbers from the post above. Will share reply.

Thank you for your interest in our product. Unfortunately, these crossbars ARE NOT compatible with the 2019 Subaru Ascent. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. If there is anything else we can do to assist you, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

--
ASG Auto Sports Services Team

1-800-469-7566

·
Administrator
10,411 Posts
@Jason so, interestingly, my dealership (SDC group) couldn't order the wheel step yet, but could order the crossbars. But my salesperson and I also watched the accessories list change 3 times. I personally watched the Ascent brochures change at least 3 times (haven't compared the latest from last week), starting with the pre-release version I got last year.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Those are specifically the Ascent fitting crossbars. The Aero's are already on my order, and I considered the Extended, but they're too much money for the never-use I'll get out of them.

And they can be ordered pretty easily by customers. I just ordered a set, right up to the payment confirmation screen. You'll find it in your *customer's* front end accessories ordering section under Lifestyle.

So, short version is, you can order them already, at the very least, directly by the part number - or through your dealer's customer parts portal (eg: the nationwide web parts page) by model lookup (2019 Ascent).

I have no idea why they're not in the parts department lookup, but I suspect you'll find them pretty easily by part number. I hope that helps.

SubaruOnlineParts also has them listed:
https://subaruonlineparts.com/subaru-ascent-crossbar-aero-p-4801.html

NOTE TO ALL:
THE AERO BARS DO NOT SUPPORT TENTS - you need the extended for that.
FYI
$144.27 at Heuberger Subaru......$9.99 shipping

1 - 11 of 11 Posts