Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yakima's fit guide indicates that the small bars do not work with the Ascent and that you must use the medium (60") or large (70"). I personally didn't care for the look of the 60 and 70 bars with the extra overhang, but wanted more room than what the stock cross bars or something like the Yakima Rail Bar would provide. I took a gamble and got the 50" bars and they do fit (see pictures). I am wondering why Yakima doesn't think they fit. From a design/safety perspective as long as they are making full contact with the towers there should be no issues (which they do). Maybe they want a certain amount of overhang to be compatible with certain attachments? Either way, I figured I would share so if others were in the same boat as me they would have a definite answer. I used the Jetstream bars but the same should hold true with the Corebar, Roundbar or HD Bar

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Honestly haven't had them without attachments (I put kayak saddles on right away). I don't think they make significant noise or at least I dont notice them really in normal driving. I did have a J-saddle up there and that made quite a bit of whistling.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts