Subaru Ascent Forum banner
101 - 116 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Thanks, that's good to know. I'm assuming these tunes you posted were on 93 gas? When are you planning to port your maps over to the Cobb AP?

I have both the AP (been running on 87+ map the last few weeks) and a Tactrix cable but would prefer the AP due to ability to change maps on the fly and the live gauges. And if I want to run your map on the AP, will I have to do some data logging and send back to you to retune to make sure it's working safely for my particular car or will it be safe for all Ascents?
These are vehicle-specific Protunes. Wouldn’t dare run a Protune as an OTS tune...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
I think v17 could be an OTS for 93 along with a 1-2 log review(s)- because all 93's are not the same. I strictly custom tune, so I may work with v17 for a bit to make sure its XRT-OTS. Otherwise, I custom tune the car from a based to suit the car and its environment.

All I have to do is copy the stuff over. The 2019 is different to the 2020. The 2020 I am working with seems pretty solid, but can complain for some stuff. Interesting eh???

On another note, I cannot achieve such results unless you add stuff like VP Madditive, Lucas Racing, Torco to the gas. You can watch the DAM and the pinging variables to make sure you have the right mixture. Otherwise, you tune for what you will always run or switch maps. Thats why I love the AP. Makes like so easy. I just wish it was a module and you can use any Android device to access and change it like the Syvecs Powertrain solution.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
These are vehicle-specific Protunes. Wouldn’t dare run a Protune as an OTS tune...
That is correct. The tuning going on is fine tuning to specifics to Chuck's Ascent. It can be run on other Ascents, but the timing will have to be removed and even possible reduction in boost. But in all, you have to log or review the AP params for pinging when running a 93 OTS. Please see below:

There are other params, but those are the major ones for the average user.

·
Registered
126 Posts
OK I may try out your OTS when it's available. I'm still waiting for my tank of 87 to go down before filling it with 91 + some octane booster and try out Cobb's 93 map. Will probably take a few more months considering how little mileage I put on it lol.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 · (Edited)
To be honest, Cobb 93 OTS is good and based on @COBB Tuning conversation, Mike is very happy about it and I am too. Not because its Cobb, but because Mike's pride in telling me so and I trust that. I felt his conviction.

As a Protuner, I go above that, but I don't use Cobb OTS. I start from the based.

If a customer comes in for a touch-up due to some issues, then I will tweak it. But to provide another 93 OTS does not make since, thinking about it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
v15d Dyno. Still need to dial in the peak at 2500rpm, but not my major concern for now. Need to add some fuel and minor tweaks there. Need to broaden the topend. All in time. Avg mid-range boost is still 16-16.8psi.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 · (Edited)
V15d (Blue/red) vs v15c1. These runs were done in 3rd gear and not 4th gear, which will have better loading producing a broader tq curve and possibly a little more whp.

v15e been release but have more work in the topend to flatten that curve out and also for me to determine the turbo compressor map.

v15d vs Stock

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
Stock Ascent Turbo mapping to an equivalent Turbo compressor map - GT2860R (A/R 60)
Text Diagram Line Mouth Drawing

·
Registered
3 Posts
How are you upping the boost since its a mbc? Or is 16/17psi still within range of possibility with stock mbc? Has anyone entertained an aftermarket mbc to increase boost further?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry I'm not familiar with what Cobb does. I thought earlier you mentioned Subaru uses a manual boost controller in the Ascent ? Is my understanding incorrect ?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
Hello everyone!

Having some time now after my major exam and time here working from home, I been developing some Cobb tunes for various needs like just pure throttle changes for CVT operations and then build on that for other needs.

101 - 116 of 116 Posts