Subaru Ascent Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of 20" rims on my Ascent, but am looking for an extra set if someone wants to sell theirs. I am not needing the OEM tires, as I plan to put dedicated winter tires on these rims. Please let me know what you have and your price. I know many are changing to 18" rims for their Ascents, thought I might pick a set of 20"s up.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Unless someone gives you a really great price on the OEM rims, then you're better off buying a nicer set of rims from someplace like tirerack.com. You can then mount your winter tires on the OEM rims and your summer tires on the new rims. Your Ascent will look good in the winter, but in the summer it'll look fantastic with the custom rims you chose which will also differentiate it from other Ascents. The OEM rims actually cost more than many of the aftermarket rims, but they don't look nearly as good.

You can use tirerack's online wheel selector to see how each set of wheels will look on your Ascent. Use the color selector on top to set it to the color of your car.

·
Administrator
10,948 Posts
Set to sell in Metro NY

I have a set of 20" rims on my Ascent, but am looking for an extra set if someone wants to sell theirs. I am not needing the OEM tires, as I plan to put dedicated winter tires on these rims. Please let me know what you have and your price. I know many are changing to 18" rims for their Ascents, thought I might pick a set of 20"s up.
I have a set I need to sell. I bought new rims shortly after I got my Ascent. So, I have a set, with the stock tires, and the set has been Ceramic Pro coated. They are in pristine condition, since I swapped them out shortly after getting the car.

So, they're 4 stock 20" rims, barely used, and Ceramic Pro coated. Stock tires still mounted, and original TPMS still installed. NY Metro Area.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Well my rims come with the factory TPMS sensors AND have a set of Blizzak DM-V2 with all of 102 miles on them. But I doubt I will hear from Albert as shipping anywhere will be major $$$. I am quite OK keeping them otherwise.

·
Administrator
10,948 Posts
Well my rims come with the factory TPMS sensors AND have a set of Blizzak DM-V2 with all of 102 miles on them. But I doubt I will hear from Albert as shipping anywhere will be major $$$. I am quite OK keeping them otherwise.
Yeah, you're 2/3 of the way across the country from him. I'm a third of the way. :plain:

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have 20" wheels on my vehicle (not an Ascent...yet). I found that I could get new 18" wheels AND tires for the cost of 20" tires. 20" winter rubber is REALLY expensive. You may want to research this and see if you come up with the same conclusion. For me it was worth it also because I can now swap the wheels out myself when I need to instead of having to go in and have the rubber switched over.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Unless someone gives you a really great price on the OEM rims, then you're better off buying a nicer set of rims from someplace like tirerack.com. You can then mount your winter tires on the OEM rims and your summer tires on the new rims. Your Ascent will look good in the winter, but in the summer it'll look fantastic with the custom rims you chose which will also differentiate it from other Ascents. The OEM rims actually cost more than many of the aftermarket rims, but they don't look nearly as good.

You can use tirerack's online wheel selector to see how each set of wheels will look on your Ascent. Use the color selector on top to set it to the color of your car.
If you go this route i'd make sure the wheels aren't much heavier than the stock ones as to not mess with ride and handling.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This thread reads like stereo instructions to me.. Is there anything still out there for sale, I live in Maine, Winter tires are a must. PM or post what Tires and or Rims you have, location and $$ Please.

Mac

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm getting a new set of rims this week--and will be selling my 20" rims (6500 miles--just going in for my first oil change today) from my Touring Ascent. DFW (Texas area). Give me a shout!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.