Subaru Ascent Forum banner

With rear facing car seat

10K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Kevinxlu 
#1 ·
#4 ·
I have two kids in car seats (infant and booster) my hope is to have the infant in the middle and the booster on the side both sharing the '60' portion of the bench. Leaving the '40' portion as access to the 3rd row...fingers crossed...wishful thinking?

#14 ·
7-passenger with 2 Car Seats

As we know, there's no way to get around a rear-facing car seat. I was able to get in through the forward-facing seat, but it is tight. The forward-facing chair you see here is slid all the way back towards the 3rd row (max space). The front passenger seat here is set for my regular height husband (5-11). We are a 4-person family, so won't need 3rd row except for visitors or going out with another couple. Need the cargo space (3rd row folded) more. My 2 boys sit side-by-side in our Outback - now they'll be separate bc captains chairs. My oldest may not be able to reach down b/w the seats to get toys and books and hand things to my youngest. We'll see. Things to consider though for the mamas and the papas.

Attachments

Reactions: EMDSS
#15 ·
As we know, there's no way to get around a rear-facing car seat. I was able to get in through the forward-facing seat, but it is tight. The forward-facing chair you see here is slid all the way back towards the 3rd row (max space). The front passenger seat here is set for my regular height husband (5-11). We are a 4-person family, so won't need 3rd row except for visitors or going out with another couple. Need the cargo space (3rd row folded) more. My 2 boys sit side-by-side in our Outback - now they'll be separate bc captains chairs. My oldest may not be able to reach down b/w the seats to get toys and books and hand things to my youngest. We'll see. Things to consider though for the mamas and the papas.
Did a test ride last weekend and I took the hole family car seats and everything. I mounted the Rear facing carseat(3 month old baby) and the front facing(4 year old) . Found it very hard to move it forward while the carseat was there. The sales guys jumped through the front facing car seat then in the middle(captain chairs) and he was able to go the third row.

Dont know how challenging that will be for 65 to 70 year old grandpa. For the youg guys is fine.

If the ascent would have done something like travers or atlas about the seat i bet it would have been the perfect pick...

After driving our Cons were:

3 row access with car seats( but we might be able to get around, granpas only come maybe 4 times a year)
Cargo space with 3 rows. very hard to fit a bulky stroller.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.