Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys looking to add a dash cam in the Ascent but with airbags I don’t want to run wires up the a pillar if I don’t have to.

My previous vehicle (Lexus IS-F) I was able to tap into the power harness above the mirror with leads that inserted into the mirror wiring harness.

Curious if anyone had a diagram out there?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys looking to add a dash cam in the Ascent but with airbags I don’t want to run wires up the a pillar if I don’t have to.

My previous vehicle (Lexus IS-F) I was able to tap into the power harness above the mirror with leads that inserted into the mirror wiring harness.

Curious if anyone had a diagram out there?

Thanks
I know this is an old thread, but did you determine what wires to pull power from? I'm planning to do the same.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I considered it, but it was very easy to run power from the fuse panel behind the lower left of the dash, up under the A pillar cover, and tucked under the headliner, to the top center of the windshield. Pull the A pillar cover and run the wire between the air bag and A pillar itself. Easy peasy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
yes, I'm probably going to do the same. the question now becomes do I run the micro-usb wire to the rear hatch for the second camera as well and if so, how. TBD once I dig in

1 - 4 of 4 Posts