Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never liked vent mounted phone holders but after looking at all of the other options, bought a vent mounted phone holder with wireless charging.

My phone is always tethered to the car over Bluetooth for hands free calls and text messaging, this eliminates the charging cable flopping around and the phone in the cubby.

A video review for a phone holder is probably overkill but I was bored.

Wireless Charger Video

Amazon Link

Reactions: Robert.Mauro

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,880 Posts
Wireless charging is certainly a nice thing, but it's not compatible with CarPlay or AndroidAuto. That's why I put a mount on the center console and a very short cable to the USB port. I use wireless charging at home on my nightstand, however, and love that fumbling with the charging cord has been eliminated there.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wireless charging is certainly a nice thing, but it's not compatible with CarPlay or AndroidAuto. That's why I put a mount on the center console and a very short cable to the USB port. I use wireless charging at home on my nightstand, however, and love that fumbling with the charging cord has been eliminated there.
I agree, a lot of people keep their phones tethered to the car over USB for navigation and entertainment purposes so this is for a subset who don't do that. I use the onboard nav and prefer to suck my music out of the sky with the radio so for me the cable was just for charging when needed.

I looked at all of the ways people are keeping their phones attached this past year trying to decide and may still switch to a console mount at some point, for now this is working ok for me and I thought it was a clever design. It also keeps the phone in my line of sight when leaving and avoids trips back to the car to retrieve it from the center cubby.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts