Subaru Ascent Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
I’m experiencing the exact same thing. About to pull the wireless charger out and just go with wired charging. Already ordered the console tray. Still love wireless CarPlay for around town, my phone never leaves my pocket, but for longer trips in the car when I do need a charger, the wireless charging is worthless - it heats up so much the wireless CarPlay disconnects until my phone cools down. iPhone 13 Pro with the thin Apple leather case.
I’ve only had my new Ascent for a week but I noticed this also, with both my iPhone and my wife’s too. Disappointing.

· Registered
2023 Limited pkg 23
1,262 Posts
The wireless charging issue is disapointing. I was thinking about getting it but I will wait to see if this ever gets firgured out. For now I'm still trying to see if my phone can last all day withouth plugging it in. So far so good. Right now my plan is to plug in for longer trips and use a magsafe charger at the office if needed.

· Registered
38 Posts
The wireless charging issue is disapointing. I was thinking about getting it but I will wait to see if this ever gets firgured out. For now I'm still trying to see if my phone can last all day withouth plugging it in. So far so good. Right now my plan is to plug in for longer trips and use a magsafe charger at the office if needed.
I just uninstalled my wireless charger, tucked the plug under the console tray in hopes that Subaru fixes this issue and I can swap the new charger in easily. For now, plugging in on longer trips is my plan.

· Registered
2020 Ascent Limited
149 Posts
Can you link to the charger? I've been looking to add one. I almost agree with you on the AAWireless. I say almost because my success rate is >99% at this point. I was thinking this morning that it was time to prove another update on it.
This appears to be a "newer" model of the one I got from Sam's. The one I have works fine and the "arms" close automatically when the phone is placed on the charger and open with a simple button touch.

I suggest getting a 3M mounting plate like this if you want to use the suction: https://smile.amazon.com/Dashboard-Mounting-Resistant-Windshield-Replacement/dp/B093GX2JB8/ref=sr_1_8?crid=6RIDGQ2Y2OD6&keywords=round+mounting+plate+3M&qid=1671849138&sprefix=round+mounting+plate+3m,aps,419&sr=8-8 (I can't vouch for this particular one, but reviews are good. Double check the size to make sure it fits whatever charger's suction cup you get.)

· Registered
96 Posts
Just picked up my '23 touring today with wireless charger installed. In all my time in the car today, much of it just sitting in my driveway going through all the settings, my phone was fine and not hot on the charger and also connected to wireless Android Auto. I have a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra. I'm going to try it with a couple different cases that I have. Today I used a simple Spigen TPU case.

· Registered
96 Posts
I wonder why some are having issues with the OEM wireless charger and others are not. I've had my '23 for a month now and I use the wireless charger every time I'm in it, with a case on my phone, even while using Android Auto. I've used it on long trips too. I have never felt my phone getting hot, not even a little, and it charges very well.

· Registered
9 Posts
I got a cheap $30 wireless charger from amazon that hooks into the cigarrette lighter where the subaru charger would be. I cut the corners a bit so that the rubber mat fits perfectly in that cubby. I use it mostly so I don't lose any charge while using apply carplay and it allows a nice place to set my phone while driving. If I really need a charge on a long trip- the cord is the way to go.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts