Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i probably missed it in the 2 or 3 times i've looked in the manual(s); but does anyone know if it is a feature on any ascent models to enable the headlights to come on when operating the windshield wipers? if so, could you point me to where i missed it? thanks all.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Does it mean that it will enable the headlights on when operate the windshield wipers, even in daytime ? If yes, I could see headlight light on in the dashboard ? Thank you

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
The manual(p.226) says:

"Auto-on/off wiper-linked headlights
While the light control switch is in the
“AUTO” position, the headlights will automatically
turn on when the windshield
wipers operate several times. The headlights
will automatically turn off when the
wipers stop."

I have just been turning on my lights manually when I have the wipers on because I have not confirmed myself if the wiper-linked headlights actually do work, and if the headlight icon appears in the guage cluster when the wipers turn on. Maybe the auto headlight indicator lights up in the MFD screen (I need to confirm this). Until I do confirm that they work, I'll continue to turn them on manually.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I tested the wiper-linked headlights yesterday. They work! I've never noticed because it takes a minute before the lights come on. I usually manually turn the lights on as soon as I start wiping. I guess now I can just trust the lights to come on in the rain.

There is no indication on the MFD as far as I could tell, but the main headlight icon does light up in the guage cluster. I usually can't see that part because the top of the steering wheel is in the way. The steering wheel also blocks part of the speedo, and the non-centered steering wheel makes it worse (anybody else notice the left-shift of the wheel?). But that's for one of the complaint threads I suppose...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.