Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any P/N for 2019 Subaru Ascent wiper blades. OEM and 3rd party?... I purchased michelin Wiper blades from Costco, and it was listed in the book. But Guess what?.... The adapters they come with will not fit..

BTW, is there a search on the forms, I don't see an available search to find previous posts.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,449 Posts
I dont have a part number handy but replacement wipers are included in your warranty so you can just ask the dealer next time you're in there.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont have a part number handy but replacement wipers are included in your warranty so you can just ask the dealer next time you're in there.
I never heard of that?... that is normal ware and tare I would think and would not be covered

A person selling on Amazon shows
  • LH Drivers 26 inch SOA591B726 X1
  • RH Passenger side 16 inch SOA591B720 X1
  • Rear wiper Blade 14 inch SOA591R614

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
801 Posts
I never heard of that?... that is normal ware and tare I would think and would not be covered
Wear Item Limited Warranty
WEAR ITEM COVERAGE is 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first.

Items covered are brake pad/shoe linings, clutch linings, and wiper blades.

Reactions: xydadx3

·
Super Moderator
2,449 Posts
Discussed here as well:

·
Registered
154 Posts
I got my replacement wiper blades about 2 weeks back from a local dealer under warranty. It's the only manufacturer of several brands I've own that does cover brake pads and wipers. Though the wipers I received were beefier than the original ones that came with my car.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Does Subaru generally allow a minimum once a year replacement?
Nissan is once a year minimum on their warranty replacements.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts

A person selling on Amazon shows
  • LH Drivers 26 inch SOA591B726 X1
  • RH Passenger side 16 inch SOA591B720 X1
  • Rear wiper Blade 14 inch SOA591R614
The blades are free from the dealer for warranty period.

·
Super Moderator
2,449 Posts
Where do they have the fine print written on this part of the warranty? I mentioned replacing my wipers when I dropped it off at the dealer yesterday so they went ahead and replaced them. (26k mi and 16 months... they were overdue)
Today I picked it up and they say that’ll be $49. Nope ?. So the service advisor checked with her colleagues who told her we get one free replacement during the warranty period. So now I’m curious what the warranty is: multiple times as needed or just once?

By the way, as @nextmoon stated, the new ones are much beefier... but not $49 worth of beefier.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,896 Posts
Warranty:

See "Wear Items" section. There is no provision for "only one replacement" in the warranty language.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Warranty:

See "Wear Items" section. There is no provision for "only one replacement" in the warranty language.
I would think blades are typically replaced twice per year if being kept up. Based on the warranty period (not including mileage) that would be six blades during this term. More if they are worn due to weather conditions.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Where do they have the fine print written on this part of the warranty? I mentioned replacing my wipers when I dropped it off at the dealer yesterday so they went ahead and replaced them. (26k mi and 16 months... they were overdue)
Today I picked it up and they say that’ll be $49. Nope ?. So the service advisor checked with her colleagues who told her we get one free replacement during the warranty period. So now I’m curious what the warranty is: multiple times as needed or just once?

By the way, as @nextmoon stated, the new ones are much beefier... but not $49 worth of beefier.
Wear Item Limited Warranty

WEAR ITEM COVERAGE is 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first.

Items covered are brake pad/shoe linings, clutch linings, and wiper blades.

·
Super Moderator
2,449 Posts
Thanks for doing that legwork.
Now to wear out this set of wiper blades as quickly as possible for an excuse to educate the dealer ?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yes @packout is correct that the rear wiper blade is included as well. However, my dealer refused to replace my rears due to it not showing signs of wear like rips and smearing.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Yes @packout is correct that the rear wiper blade is included as well. However, my dealer refused to replace my rears due to it not showing signs of wear like rips and smearing.
If the rear is still effective, there is no reason to replace it. I had them replace the front and not the rear at the time I had an oil change. I would probably swap all of them out at least once per year at a minimum. The snow and ice can wear them out quicker than other environments.

·
Registered
154 Posts
If the rear is still effective, there is no reason to replace it. I had them replace the front and not the rear at the time I had an oil change. I would probably swap all of them out at least once per year at a minimum. The snow and ice can wear them out quicker than other environments.
I disagreed with their assessment of the rear riper's condition. Granted they were not torn, but definitely smearing/streaking the few times I use them. It wasn't worth the hassle fighting to replace the rears.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I disagreed with their assessment of the rear riper's condition. Granted they were not torn, but definitely smearing/streaking the few times I use them. It wasn't worth the hassle fighting to replace the rears.
Ask another dealer to replace the rear if it streaks.

·
Registered
561 Posts
If the service department wants to see a rip in the rear wiper, then give him a rip in the rear wiper. It's not working for you the way it is, so it's not like you are ripping (sic) them off.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.