Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put a dedicated set of winter wheels and tires on the car. I actually did it the week after I got the car. Downsized from the factory 20s to 18s, it was actually cheaper to get a dedicated set of 18-inch wheels and snow tires, than it was to get 20in winter tires on the factory wheels. Once you factor in the cost of having summer and winter tires remounted on the factory wheels twice a year, at least for me, it was much more economical to get the dedicated wheels and tires.

·
Registered
18 Posts
What size wheels did you get? I have 18's in the right size tires, the steel wheels are 18 x 7 60.1 bore , offset 40. Used them on my former Highlander.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the receipt in the car, but the car is in the shop getting fixed right now. And, I have the wheels and tires at my other house, so I can't go look right now.

I'm pretty sure I used the same spec for the wheels and tires as on the lower trim models. And I did need spacers. I used general altimax, I use them on my Lincoln also, they're the second best winter tire I've ever used, and dirt cheap relative to the competition. I would have gotten nokian hakkapeliittas, but they were sold out for the season everywhere by the time I got the car the first week of January.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.