Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried to do a search but couldn't find any info, does anyone know if the windshield and side windows are acoustic/heat rejecting? Looking to get some tint quotes for 3M crystalline or equivalent ceramic for heat/privacy.

Assume they are UV protected all around already as well.

Have acoustic glass on our car and it definitely makes a difference. The Explorer has it on its front windows so I'd hope Subaru does too.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Tried to do a search but couldn't find any info, does anyone know if the windshield and side windows are acoustic/heat rejecting? Looking to get some tint quotes for 3M crystalline or equivalent ceramic for heat/privacy.

Have acoustic glass on our car and it definitely makes a difference. The Explorer has it on its front windows so I'd hope Subaru does too.
I believe it was stated somewhere earlier that it is acoustic glass, and that's why the cabin is quiet.

·
Registered
31 Posts

Haven't seen anything specific about the UV protection but believe that almost all cars these days have that so would be surprised if the Ascent didn't. Found the following on the acoustic glass question...

"The Ascent provides a refined, quiet ride thanks to comprehensive soundproofing measures, including an acoustic windshield and front door glass."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts