Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We purchased a "Certified PreOwned" Limited from our dealer on Sept 23. Supposedly the people wanted the touring version and not the limited. It had a 140 miles on it. When we drove out of the dealership parking lot a rain storm started. I could not see out of the windshield. There seems to be some type of hard film on the exterior part of all the windows. Instead of water beading when it rains, the water plops on the windshield creating such a blur that you can't see through. I have attached a picture showing that street signs can't be read. We already returned to the dealership once and they supposedly acid washed "all" the windows then used a clay bar. It slightly helped on the drivers windshield but is still difficult to see even in a light rain. Wipers don't help. I am going back to dealership tomorrow but can't imagine what is on the windows. Whatever it is prevents you from seeing out in humidity and rain. It is clearly not on the interior but exterior windows. When you try to clean the windshield instead of your clothing gliding over it, it sticks to it. Any suggestions as to what type of a defect this is, how to get it off or any other input????? BTW No rainex according to subaru.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts