Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does water leak intomdoors? rained yesterday car dry rolll down window...comes up wet...tried all 4 windows all wet...annoying when windows otherwise are nice and clean

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,828 Posts
Lots of vehicles are like this...the seals at the bottom of the windows hold some moisture and when the window comes back up, water is deposited on the window...

Reactions: Sparkland

·
Registered
146 Posts
My Ascent is like this after a car wash. If I roll them down right after a car wash, they come up kind of wet and streaked. At some point "later" they don't. I can't really define later, the only reason I roll them down after a car wash is if my dog is in the car. Otherwise I only roll them down for parking ramps or something.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lots of vehicles are like this...the seals at the bottom of the windows hold some moisture and when the window comes back up, water is deposited on the window...
None of my previous new cars did..my old benz does not.. our first subaru...do all your cars do it?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,828 Posts
I've never had a vehicle that didn't do this to my memory...and I've owned a lot of them over the years. Fresh moisture, if it exists on the seal...which is like a squeegee...will put that moisture back on the window when the glass pulls it away by surface tension.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Its alwys been like that. Thats why whenever you do expensive car wash (like hand wash) people in the car wash always suggest to do not open windows for a couple of hours - if you drive, in this case it dry faster. If car is parked and its after the rain it takes much longer to dry from just inside seals.

·
Registered
232 Posts
All of my cars regardless of make did this as well, whether European or Japanese. While it may annoy you till it dries, it is nothing of concern. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes, our Ascent does this, so does our BMW 3 series and X3. My previous 2008 WRX, Lexus IS250, etc., they all did it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Some stupid expensive cars don't have felt on the window squeegee. They are setup where every so many years you replace the squeegee like a wiper blade. Saw it on a S-class from the early 90's personally. It was basically a limo without being stretched tho. Had full dual pane glass on the sides with a air gap and all kinds of stuff.

·
Registered
775 Posts
My Lincoln, Mercedes GLS450, and all my other cars (I don't know about the Corvette, as that is always handwashed and detailed afterward) all did this. ......Actually, I don't even know if the wipers even work on my Corvette!!:unsure:

·
Registered
73 Posts
The problem of leaking was fixed in our Ascent. Seems the seal around the window opening gets crimped. The service writer said mine was not the first one to be in their service dept with this problem. They replaced the driver's window seal and now NO MORE Leaks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
The problem of leaking was fixed in our Ascent. Seems the seal around the window opening gets crimped. The service writer said mine was not the first one to be in their service dept with this problem. They replaced the driver's window seal and now NO MORE Leaks!
Really? You mean they replaced the seal and now your window comes up DRY after a car wash?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts