Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have actually placed an order for Ascent with one dealer. But, I may be able to get a better price with another one, which will require placing another order. However, I don't want to cancel the first one just yet - in case we change our mind and need the car sooner OR if the second dealer decides not to honor the price.

Is there a window to cancel the order? Is there a standard process or you just call and let the dealer know? How does the refund work - check or credit back to the card? Would the fact that you have two orders in the pipeline affect the delivery (particularly of the second one)?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
303 Posts
Not sure about a time window, but I would think about contacting the original dealer and letting them know you found a better offer and whether they can price match to keep your business... <shrug>. And if they say no, then you have your answer.

And I think you can contact the dealer to let them know you’re releasing your order and would like your deposit back, pretty much at any time. *when* you actually get the money back may be a different story (I’ve heard at least one source say they will refund once they have sold the car associated with the original order but I have no idea if that’s really true or not).
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Top