Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've ordered a 2020 limited. Tried to specify window deflectors, but dealership said it will not come with them for some reason. Anyone install them on their 2019?

·
Registered
293 Posts
I ordered mine from the dealership parts department when I ordered my Ascent in August 2018, when I ordered the car. They didn't come in for many months, and by then it was winter here. I had the dealership install them, as they needed to be put on above a certain ambient temperature, and it was just too 'nasty' outside for me to even think of doing them myself here in southeastern Michigan.

They have come in very handy on several occasions. I don't care for AC unless totally necessary. They do a good job of keeping out any light rain and allowing for decent ventilation on those types of days.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I've ordered a 2020 limited. Tried to specify window deflectors, but dealership said it will not come with them for some reason. Anyone install them on their 2019?
As Ken said, they don't come from the factory but are an accessory that the dealership can order/put on for you. If they get it ordered, they can be put on before you pick the vehicle up. I really love mine, They are different than those I've ordered for other vehicles in the past. You can probably have your window cracked almost 2 inches with them. Also, they have chrome across the top to "replace" the chrome that would otherwise be covered. Go for it, tell them to get them ordered!!!

·
Registered
566 Posts
As Ken said, they don't come from the factory but are an accessory that the dealership can order/put on for you. If they get it ordered, they can be put on before you pick the vehicle up. I really love mine, They are different than those I've ordered for other vehicles in the past. You can probably have your window cracked almost 2 inches with them. Also, they have chrome across the top to "replace" the chrome that would otherwise be covered. Go for it, tell them to get them ordered!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Question for Window Deflector users. Does it lessen the deafening effect when a back window is opened?(or just the drivers side front)??

Thanks,
Mac

·
Registered
4 Posts
Order third-party Window Deflectors for my 2020 Ltd.
Extremely happy with them.
I reviewed on Amazon.
$58.99, shipping included (-) tax.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Reason why these MUST be dealer installed:

Several states have outlawed or specified particular constraints to deflectors.

New Jersey prohibits windshield obstructions under 39:3-74 : "No person shall drive any motor vehicle with any sign, poster, sticker or other non-transparent material upon the front windshield, wings, deflectors, side shields, corner lights adjoining windshield or front side windows of such vehicle other than a certificate or other article required to be so displayed by statute or by regulations of the commissioner. No person shall drive any vehicle so constructed, equipped or loaded as to unduly interfere with the driver's vision to the front and to the sides..

So while the Subaru one's might be transparent, there is a threshold on the transparency that I was even told I would get a ticket on them. First told by dealer in NJ; then told be a officer in my city.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts