Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up our new accent on Monday and as soon as I drove off the lot going 30 MPH or more hearing wind noise from the front of the moonroof. When you pop it open the sound goes away. It is not leaking since there was heavy rain this week. I do not have cross bars. If you close the sunshade the air noise is still there but not as bad. Any suggestions on what it might be?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
6,255 Posts
Does your roof window fully seat when closed?

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
19 Posts
More than likely the sliding glass panel simply needs adjusted. Not sure the year/mileage of your Ascent, but, it could be under your 3/36 warranty. If so, take it in, describe the problem and have a tech ride with you if need be.

Our sunroof was replaced before the end of our 3/36 and we had resulting wind noise from the front, right corner. As I looked at the sunroof post repair, this same corner with roof closed, sat ever so higher than the other corner. It was actually just taller than the sunroof weatherstripping so the air was catching that corner and causing wind noise. Called the dealer and they took it back in, adjusted it to sit lower = wind noise gone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts