Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used my crossbars regularly on my Forester. So when I got my Ascent I bought the Subaru crossbars from the dealer. Right away I noticed they are very noisy at highway speeds. Subaru says you shouldn't leave them on... which is stupid.

I've looked into wind fairing. Thule, Yakima, and Inno brands look good but when I looked closely at the specs and called to learn about attachment point locations, I discovered none will fit.

I'd rather not remove them unless they're in use. Anyone know of wind fairing that will fit?

·
Registered
567 Posts
I used my crossbars regularly on my Forester. So when I got my Ascent I bought the Subaru crossbars from the dealer. Right away I noticed they are very noisy at highway speeds. Subaru says you shouldn't leave them on... which is stupid.

I've looked into wind fairing. Thule, Yakima, and Inno brands look good but when I looked closely at the specs and called to learn about attachment point locations, I discovered none will fit.

I'd rather not remove them unless they're in use. Anyone know of wind fairing that will fit?

This topic and a video were posted by Robert Mauro on the Subaru Ascent Facebook page today. You probably have the bars on backwards. The thicker part faces forward and the thinner side is to the rear. It you bought the Aero bars from the dealer, if you look on the bottom side of the edge type clamps (or whatever they are called), it does say "Front" and has an arrow showing the thicker side facing the front of the car. This is "stamped" on it in black so is hard to see. I have absolutely no noise at all on mine.

·
Administrator
10,968 Posts
Like Kathy asked, do you have roof rails installed backwards?

This topic and a video were posted by Robert Mauro on the Subaru Ascent Facebook page today. You probably have the bars on backwards. The thicker part faces forward and the thinner side is to the rear. It you bought the Aero bars from the dealer, if you look on the bottom side of the edge type clamps (or whatever they are called), it does say "Front" and has an arrow showing the thicker side facing the front of the car. This is "stamped" on it in black so is hard to see. I have absolutely no noise at all on mine.
Thanks Kathy!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts