Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For us older people that Weather Deflectors was really known as Rain Guards My question is does anyone know when they will be available to purchase seems i cant get a direst answer from Subaru Dealer or Corporate

jerry:tango_face_surprise

·
Registered
313 Posts
I ordered them with our vehicle, but it may be the dealer was hoping they would be available by the time the vehicle is delivered.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like the person who should have the maker have them available at least a month after first delivery after all they had the specks over a year before making themmm

jerry

·
Registered
'19 Ascent Limited
102 Posts
I got an email yesterday from Subaru saying there are new accessories available for the Ascent and this is one of them.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I got an email yesterday from Subaru saying there are new accessories available for the Ascent and this is one of them.
This is great news, I'm looking forward to getting a set for my new Ascent!

·
Registered
646 Posts
I got that too, the front underguard was the big thing that I thought had just disappeared.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hopefully my next accessory. I have added them to most of the cars I've owned. On my 13wrx they were a combination tape and clips. On my 15 legacy it was only tape.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know that WeatherTech hasn't released anything for the Ascent yet but has anyone done any comparison for other Subaru models - OEM widow deflectors vs WeatherTech?

·
Registered
334 Posts
As I've never been in a car with them, what benefit to they provide? Rain isn't a big issue where I live. Wind at speed? I rarely open my windows - long hair and windows get problematic. I had the moon roof deflector on my Outback and it really cut down on the air movement within the car. Only negative was washing the car, the deflector caught the water and it made keeping the area clean a bit tougher. Just curious as to what the main benefit of these deflectors are???

Reactions: astcell

·
Registered
59 Posts
I always wondered how effective these were.

·
Registered
78 Posts
They look identical to the ones on my 15 legacy. Quality wise they're probably the best oem ive seen across the market. Cant say much about weather tech specifically but im not a fan of in channel. Functionally they allowed you to keep the windows open during rain and even keep your windows cracked in heat or whatever to let the cabin breath (with tinted windows you wouldn't even notice) when parked. Some people definitely like the look aesthetically and oem kept the chrome trim so it blends into the actually window trim subtly. Heres a couple pictures from the 15 legacy's

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well rain as you drive will enter w/o them also as you drive it does come in even if you have it open an inch you have no rain where you live then don't

·
Registered
567 Posts
well rain as you drive will enter w/o them also as you drive it does come in even if you have it open an inch you have no rain where you live then don't

I've been using all makes and "models" for at least 30 years and have never, ever had any rain come in while parked or driving. I love leaving them cracked while parked in the hot sun to help with the heat buildup in a parked car. A crook can't tell that the window is cracked open.

I have purchased the cheapest ones and more expensive ones. I've never had one come off.

·
Registered
60 Posts
As I've never been in a car with them, what benefit to they provide? Rain isn't a big issue where I live. Wind at speed? I rarely open my windows - long hair and windows get problematic. I had the moon roof deflector on my Outback and it really cut down on the air movement within the car. Only negative was washing the car, the deflector caught the water and it made keeping the area clean a bit tougher. Just curious as to what the main benefit of these deflectors are???
These are great for when your car is parked in the sun all day long. Leave the windows cracked and if a random storm pops up you don't have to worry about the rain getting in. They easily drop the temp inside the car by 10 degrees as opposed to keeping your windows closed all day. I think they add a nice look to the vehicle as well. The Subaru ones are nicer looking than some of the other brands out there.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Anyone found these available yet? I got a email that said they were but dealerships cant confirm and i cant find them online

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.