Subaru Ascent Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
2,830 Posts
Keep the gate open, that's how I haul some stuff w/ my Ascent.
One has to take care when doing that to be sure air flow is there so exhaust gasses are not sucked up into the interior. My understanding is that the aerodynamics of current generation vehicles may be more prone to that, but perhaps I'm mistaken. I'll still choose my trailer for long stuff!! (although it's fortunate I don't need it at the moment since it's buried under the recent snows...)

·
Registered
76 Posts
One has to take care when doing that to be sure air flow is there so exhaust gasses are not sucked up into the interior. My understanding is that the aerodynamics of current generation vehicles may be more prone to that, but perhaps I'm mistaken. I'll still choose my trailer for long stuff!! (although it's fortunate I don't need it at the moment since it's buried under the recent snows...)
Yeah, when you got 5k of towing you should use it.

·
Super Moderator
2,830 Posts
Yeah, when you got 5k of towing you should use it.
It's not even just having the capacity...there's no risk to damaging anything in the interior from hauling things like building materials and a small utility trailer is really easy to load and unload. There is, of course, the need to store the trailer. I have a large property so that's zero issue for me, but for some folks who have smaller places or have restrictions because they chose to live with an HOA, the folding trailers can be a good solution that can be tucked away in a very small space so they are not visible, etc.

Reactions: djrussell

·
Registered
76 Posts
It's not even just having the capacity...there's no risk to damaging anything in the interior from hauling things like building materials and a small utility trailer is really easy to load and unload. There is, of course, the need to store the trailer. I have a large property so that's zero issue for me, but for some folks who have smaller places or have restrictions because they chose to live with an HOA, the folding trailers can be a good solution that can be tucked away in a very small space so they are not visible, etc.
Storage is definitely an issue. I currently live deep in the burbs and there is no way we could have a trailer without pissing off the neighbors. Our Ideal situation is probably a neighborhood home on 2-5 acres of space. Not uncommon here in OKC, but also not super cheap. We will get there soon enough though.

·
Super Moderator
2,830 Posts
Take a look a the small, foldable trailers, Zach'...you may be able to get creative with storing it. The are not much larger than a folding ping-pong table, if at all. Not expensive, either.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts