Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Ascent
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went on the Discount Tire website and put in my car - 2021 Ascent with 20" OEM wheels and my only filter was OEM 20" wheels and the color black. The wheels I chose - Voxx Divos - were listed as "will fit your car". So I ordered 4 with the mounting package. I got 3 of them so far and noticed that the size was 20x8.5". Will my stock tires fit these rims? They are 1" wider than the stock OEM rims. Thanks.

·
Administrator
11,121 Posts
Yes, stock tires can be used, but you're at the maximum rim width. See the "Wheel" section of the image below.

You can go to their website and use 2019 Ascent, and see if you find more options. The specs are identical.

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Ascent
51 Posts
Yes, stock tires can be used, but you're at the maximum rim width. See the "Wheel" section of the image below.

You can go to their website and use 2019 Ascent, and see if you find more options. The specs are identical.

View attachment 6521
https://www.falkentire.com/oe-tires/ziex-ze001/s-0

The Falken website does list the acceptable rim width for the 245/50R20 Ziex ZE001 tires as 7.0-8.5". The 8.5" rims ARE within the acceptable range identified by Falken.
Thank you both. I can rest easy now. When I was on Discount Tire's website I clicked on the OEM 20" choice, in black, and was given 109 choices. I assumed they were all OEM size. I chose the Voxx Divos and on top of the page for that wheel it stated "These wheels will fit your car". I never looked at the size of the wheel's width. I just noticed the size on the box when they were delivered. I really like these tires. Down here in the deep south we don't have snow or mountains and I don't go off-roading. Just a canoe on top or pulling a boat to the basin. But we do get rain and these tires have already proven their worthiness in some heavy rain driving. Thank you again for your quick responses.

·
Administrator
11,121 Posts
I think that's one of the key issues. Once they get past a certain tread life, they're bad in the snow. With their short tread life (and the way some of us drive), they get there sooner than later. :confused:

I expect that had I kept mine, by winter, they'd have hit that "terrible in snow" tread depth.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,210 Posts
The answer to this kind of question will always be found in the tire specification where they say specifically what the wheel width min and max are. Always check the specifications because while you "may be able to physically mount" and inflate the tire, you need to insure it will run correctly and safely if the wheel bed is wider or narrower than what they were mounted on previously by the OEM.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts