Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To All,
I have a 2019 Ascent Premium and wanted to install 2020 WRX 18inch rims on it. But Im not sure if that would cause any problems in the future. Only reason I ask is cause I'm not sure if it's smart to put a Sedan's Rims onto a SUV. The rims are a good price from a friend and it would save me about $500. If anyone has any suggestions or answers I would appreciate it thank you. Here is a picture of the rims.
Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire Tread

·
Registered
870 Posts
Like mentioned the load rating might not be high enough for the Ascent,also gotta clear the brake caliper.It's tempting but safety comes first.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,600 Posts
Nope, as mentioned, not rated for enough weight. The only Subaru OEM wheels that can be used on the Ascent other than the OEM Ascent wheels are those from the Tribeca.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,600 Posts
Dear god no....
That is indeed true...but the wheels looked better than the vehicle, especially the earlier version with the "snoot". :) (All subjective, however...lots of folks loved their Tribecas and there are a whole bunch still on the road)

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts
What everyone else said...

I asked Subaru's wheel manufacturer, and they told me those wheels should never be used on a vehicle as heavy as the Ascent.

·
Registered
841 Posts
My wife's last two vehicles have been WRXs - a '16 and a '19. I really do like the looks of those factory rims.

If I could have, I would have already. I mean, I get it, I can, but with the load-rating, I really didn't want to risk it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts