Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Its a nice solution, but too $$$ for me. Im hoping other companies start mass producing these.

Another company is Rigd but they are similar price.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup

Its a nice solution, but too $$$ for me. Im hoping other companies start mass producing these.

Another company is Rigd but they are similar price.
Definitely agree that the price is high.

I will look into Rigd too. Thanks!

·
Registered
978 Posts
I have the original Hitch gate I used it on my Landcruiser given I went from stock to 285’s which wouldn’t fit under it anymore. I only hauled the spare on long trips. The hitch gate alone no add ons is about 85lbs. It locks into the hitch receiver and uses a compression setup so zero wobble or rattling. Very nice kit. Shipping cost adds quite a bit to the price. I bought mine from the manufacturer in LA several years ago cheapest deal I could find no shipping I picked it up $800.

I have used it on my Sequoia and likely will use it on the modern 7-8 passenger I end up with again for long trips having a real spare tire. Just keep in mind its weight impacts your trailer hitch weight and rear axle loads regarding any other stuff you pack.

If the tire and rack are 130lbs then 370lbs max left on your tongue weight. Trunk load weight impacts this number too.

Its nice kit but heavy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts