Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I own an Acent limited since July 8th-and still dont know where my wifi password is! Its not in the paperwork, I signed on with AT&T and starlink. No clue where to find it. Help!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Hi!

I own an Acent limited since July 8th-and still dont know where my wifi password is! Its not in the paperwork, I signed on with AT&T and starlink. No clue where to find it. Help!
Turn on the wifi on your Ascent menu, then you'll see the hotspot menu underneath. That screen shows the wifi name and password.

·
Registered
646 Posts
The menu they are referring is on the stereo system head unit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I used my 1G free trial in one week! I have AT&T as my carrier and would only cost $10./mo to add to my plan. Not sure it’s worth it. I never use that much on my phone so quickly. What actually is using the WiFi? I did have Apple play activated when my phone was hooked via cable.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
841 Posts
I used my 1G free trial in one week! I have AT&T as my carrier and would only cost $10./mo to add to my plan. Not sure it’s worth it. I never use that much on my phone so quickly. What actually is using the WiFi? I did have Apple play activated when my phone was hooked via cable.
Anything that can use your home WiFi or the wifi hotspot on your phone can use the car's WiFi the same way except it is using your AT&T data plan.

The main advantage of this is your Ascent has a much larger antenna and more powerful cellular radio than your phone so you will have longer range and faster speed in locations where your phone may struggle to find a signal.

We use this during our cross country trips across the Southwest where there can be big gaps in cell service and it makes a big difference over just using the phone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.