Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
Check here and make sure you set up the trial or service.

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
I would like to use my phone when I am in an area with no cell coverage so I would like to link through my 2019 Crosstrek.
You may want to ask over in the Crosstrek forums.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I would like to use my phone when I am in an area with no cell coverage so I would like to link through my 2019 Crosstrek.
I believe that the vehicles still use cell towers as compared to a satellite link. The difference will be a stronger signal from the vehicle as compared to the cell phone (you can boost the cell phone signal with a booster or outside antenna). A car can use a MiFi but still you will need connect to a cell tower. You also will need to determine if you are looking for a mobile signal booster (while driving) or a stationary signal booster(like a camp site). The feds have set different limitations for each. If you are going on a road trip that you know will be challenging accessing a cell tower than you might consider renting a sat phone (see link above). Rental costs will depend on what you ultimately are trying to achieve.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,907 Posts
The vehicle hot spot uses the ATT cellular network via a subscription you sign up for, so if there is no ATT cell coverage, the hot spot function isn't going to work beyond "inside the vehicle".

Reactions: Robert.Mauro

·
Registered
114 Posts
its like having another cell phone but looks like a car
i didn't get it or use the promotion
all my iPhone xr (ATT service) has hotspot at no "additional" charge and i can feed any other wifi thing out there up to ten items and share my connection share my data I use it mostly when i take my laptop

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.