Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why does Subaru maintenance schedule actually state to replace the fuel system lines and connections at the early age of 30,000 miles? I never heard of such a thing. Are they that fragile?

·
Administrator
9,637 Posts
Why does Subaru maintenance schedule actually state to replace the fuel system lines and connections at the early age of 30,000 miles? I never heard of such a thing. Are they that fragile?
Where does it state that? My Maintenance Manual is in my car, which is in for PCV valve replacement, finally, so, I cannot look... but I don't recall seeing that when I glanced at it early on.

·
Administrator
9,637 Posts
Never mind, someone posted a pic. "I" is inspect, "R" is replace. Fuel system components are "I"nspect. There's no time/mileage based replacement requirement on them.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Never mind, someone posted a pic. "I" is inspect, "R" is replace. Fuel system components are "I"nspect. There's no time/mileage based replacement requirement on them.

View attachment 3915

It is listed as replace on mysubaru.com service maintenance schedule for my 2019 Limited. Curiosuly, my printed manual says inspect. My dealer says the 30000 is just inspect (which makes much more sense to me). My research indicates the concern may involve ethanol in the fuel.

under 30,000 miles:
Recommended Maintenance

• Inspect Drive belt(s) [Except camshaft]
  • Inspect Engine Coolant Systems, hoses and connections
  • Replace Air cleaner element
  • Inspect CVT Fluid
  • Replace Engine oil filter
  • Perform Rotate and Inspect Tires
  • Replace Brake Fluid / Clutch Fluid (Manual Only)
  • Replace Engine oil
  • Replace Fuel systems, lines and connections
  • Inspect Transmission/Differential (Front & Rear) lubricants (Gear oil)

·
Administrator
9,637 Posts
Odd, I'll report that discrepancy. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
It has to be a typo. No way anyone is going to need to replace the fuel systems, lines, and connections at 30,000 miles (unless it's a 60's era British roadster). 😄

·
Registered
235 Posts
On the subject of old British Roadsters this reminds me of my old Austin Healy Sprite 1966... the same as a MG Midget! Well being rusty with a positive ground there was quite a trick to getting her started. In this order this is what had to be done... turn on ign key. Turn radio on. Turn key to the right(cranking position) and hold while you turned the flasher on and it cranked and started... try and figure out where that ground plane routed itself. LOL :):D:unsure:

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On the subject of old British Roadsters this reminds me of my old Austin Healy Sprite 1966... the same as a MG Midget! Well being rusty with a positive ground there was quite a trick to getting her started. In this order this is what had to be done... turn on ign key. Turn radio on. Turn key to the right(cranking position) and hold while you turned the flasher on and it cranked and started... try and figure out where that ground plane routed itself. LOL :):D:unsure:
kinda like our push button start.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Is there any resolution on this? I have my 30k mile maintenance scheduled for thursday and the mysubaru.com app states this too..

·
Administrator
9,637 Posts
Is there any resolution on this? I have my 30k mile maintenance scheduled for thursday and the mysubaru.com app states this too..
View attachment 4077
Other than to ignore the error for now, no. Not yet.

We have an accessory drive belt which should be inspected. We don't have a camshaft drive belt (we have timing chain) - here's the proper list that everyone following the regular service interval should follow (Severe Duty service should follow the Severe Duty Schedule in the printed Warranty & Maintenance Manual in the glove box:
  • REPLACE: Engine oil and filter
  • INSPECT: Drive belt(s) [Except camshaft]
  • INSPECT: Fuel systems, lines and connections
  • REPLACE: Air cleaner element
  • INSPECT: Cooling Systems, hoses and connections
  • INSPECT: Front and Rear differential oil
  • REPLACE: Brake Fluid
  • PERFORM: Rotate tires
NOT at 30,000 miles:
  • 36,000 MILES: Inspect CVT Fluid

·
Administrator
9,637 Posts
I just got a response (when I remembered to email the correct people, lol). The MySubaru team has been notified and will be fixing it soon. Follow the manual until then, like we said above.

·
Administrator
9,637 Posts
I wanted to thank you all for bringing this to my attention. As promised, I've gotten it fixed, and, as promised, it is "Inspect" and not "replace".

Here's the 60,000 mile interval with the fix in place.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I wanted to thank you all for bringing this to my attention. As promised, I've gotten it fixed, and, as promised, it is "Inspect" and not "replace".

Here's the 60,000 mile interval with the fix in place.

View attachment 4260
Kudos to Subaru for acting so quickly. Typically a large corp takes much longer to complete the correction. And thanks for your help on this.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts