Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For about a year now I’ve been dealing with a weatherstripping problem on my two front Windows where the weatherstripping is defective and sliding out of the channels causing the windows to open again when closing. The dealership is telling me that it’s a customer pay repair and not covered by warranty. I called SOA and the dealership said they may be willing to take 50% off the cost. Why doesn’t their supposed best warranty cover these repairs?

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Wearable part? Need to read the fine prints.
even a wearable part can be defective, so if there is agreement from the dealer that it is defective it should be covered. If it is simply a matter of it being worn (not prematurely worn) then it would not be covered.

·
Registered
21 Ascent Premium, 18 Outback Ltd 2.5
396 Posts
Wearable part? Need to read the fine prints.
I doubt this is considered a wearable part, I have never heard of regular replacement of window channels or weathstripping.

·
Registered
21 Ascent Premium, 18 Outback Ltd 2.5
396 Posts
The dealership is telling me that it’s a customer pay repair and not covered by warranty.
Are you past the 3/36 warranty? If so do you have the gold plus? I would expect this to be a covered item!

·
Registered
566 Posts
The SOA Added Security Gold Plus - if you purchased it, covers "wear and tear". That was the part that lead me to purchase it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts