Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
they Do adjust, if you tilt it all the way forward it should spring back to the upright position. Mine is fine and no different that previous headrests.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they Do adjust, if you tilt it all the way forward it should spring back to the upright position. Mine is fine and no different that previous headrests.
will try it in the morning....they will. should be basically flat up and down...?

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Premium
366 Posts
It depends on the amount of recline you use on your seat back. Flat up and down is not the metric you should be using when adjusting your headrests. As stated, just pull the top of your headrests forward to reset them to the rear-most position. In theory, the amount of the distance between the back of your head and the headrest during an accident should be minimal, at least during a rear ending collision as it minimizes the distance your head moves before it is stabilized by the headrest.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
that is my question. the top of the headrest is way forward over the rest of it
Yes, the default position came no where close to working for me, but it is easily adjusted to whatever works for you. They should be close to you head to minimize whiplash.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It depends on the amount of recline you use on your seat back. Flat up and down is not the metric you should be using when adjusting your headrests. As stated, just pull the top of your headrests forward to reset them to the rear-most position. In theory, the amount of the distance between the back of your head and the headrest during an accident should be minimal, at least during a rear ending collision as it minimizes the distance your head moves before it is stabilized by the headrest.
the seat is barely reclined...I am Appx 5 1/2 ft tall...my head hardly touches the headrest at its most down position. because the top of the headrest on the pass seat, especially , is tilted forward , it inhibits my view out the back side. window...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the seat is barely reclined...I am Appx 5 1/2 ft tall...my head hardly touches the headrest at its most down position. because the top of the headrest on the pass seat, especially , is tilted forward , it inhibits my view out the back side. window...
I will try to post a pic tomrw...mayb it will help my question. dont know if i can add a pic to this discussion...

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I'm same height and find my adjustment works fine and is comfortable.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Premium
366 Posts
There are two adjustments to the headrest, height (up and down), and forward tilt. Have you reviewed the owner's manual fitment instructions starting on page 48? I've had no issues adjusting this to fit me, but then again I'm 5'8", though my wife is 5'1" tall, but she is able to adjust it to fit her.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.