Subaru Ascent Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Funny you say this because half my family is colorblind... (not me) but when speaking to our family physician he claims that most colorblind people tend to like/love the color brown because they interpret it as a special texture. Now once this was said I suddenly realized why my brothers had brown houses, brown cars, brown suits, brown shoes, brown dogs and even brown boats... LOL
now if only the auto designers can figure out a way to target their brown cars to that market segment (google are you listening?). color, I mean texture coordination at its best.

·
Registered
2020 CWP Touring
155 Posts
I will also say the brochure's picture of the interior of the Touring is what initially turned me on to it. Then we test drove one in person and I was was quite taken with it -- one of the most attractive interiors in its class in my opinion. My wife has grown to like it (she still probably likes the features of the Touring more than the color).

·
Registered
1 Posts
The color was the ONLY reason I did not purchase that model. I wanted that model really bad but couldn't live with the seat color.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ironically, that's literally the only color I don't really like. It's SO subjective (everyone's tastes in car colors).
Both of the nearby Subaru dealers are owned by the same family. The salesman was quite certain that no Ascent has ever been seen in the titanium paint (beside the fact that titanium is unobtaiunium in the Touring). He went so far as to check several years of the dealership's purchase records and in fact that dealer has never ordered any model in titanium.

He was doing his salesmanship 101 to convince me that I wouldn't want such an unpopular color. He wasn't reading me well. Having the only Ascent in titanium, ie a rare color, made it far more desirable to me. We have crystal white and while the car is attractive enough, it's just another white SUV in the sea of white SUVs in the supermarket parking lot. Yesterday, I walked over to a white Telluride in the Costco lot because it was parked in the same space as me but one row over.:D

·
Super Moderator
6,823 Posts
Both of the nearby Subaru dealers are owned by the same family. The salesman was quite certain that no Ascent has ever been seen in the titanium paint (beside the fact that titanium is unobtaiunium in the Touring). He went so far as to check several years of the dealership's purchase records and in fact that dealer has never ordered any model in titanium.

He was doing his salesmanship 101 to convince me that I wouldn't want such an unpopular color. He wasn't reading me well. Having the only Ascent in titanium, ie a rare color, made it far more desirable to me. We have crystal white and while the car is attractive enough, it's just another white SUV in the sea of white SUVs in the supermarket parking lot. Yesterday, I walked over to a white Telluride in the Costco lot because it was parked in the same space as me but one row over.:D
Well, in their defense, Tungsten Metallic is a brand new color, but I suspect a bunch of people will like it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve seen so many posts about the dislike of the brown interior. That color is my main reason for wanting the Touring. It seems like for me at least, with 3 kiddos, it is the perfect color, won’t show dirt, and won’t get super hot. For those that do have it do you love it or just settled because you wanted the Touring? 🤷🏻‍♀️
I love it and is the main reason I wanted the Touring. My friends have a 2019 Touring with Java. The cream color leather ascents coupled with the Java seats and console and the other
Black interiors make this the smartest
Looking interior out there. You can’t go wrong.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My wife and I had the same opinion/experience. First dealer trip, we thought the ivory door/dash trim looked funny with the Java seats and armrests. We liked the ivory in the Limited. By the fourth trip we were both enamored with the Touring interior. We grew to love the contrast. Now we agree it is our favorite interior we have ever had. It was our primary reason for wanting the Touring, but we couldn’t justify the added expense. So, since we had an anniversary coming up, I referenced the movie Risky Business, and we went for the Touring. Love it more and more every day.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts