Subaru Ascent Forum banner
81 - 100 of 107 Posts

· Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
6,299 Posts
Any other ‘19’s out there on the original battery?
Mine likely would have been fine, but I decided to replace it last December proactively with an Interstate Type 35 AGM from Costco to "be sure". But I've never had any battery drain issues with my MY19, either.

· Registered
2021 Ascent Limited Black/Black
760 Posts
Mine likely would have been fine, but I decided to replace it last December proactively with an Interstate Type 35 AGM from Costco to "be sure". But I've never had any battery drain issues with my MY19, either.
How much was that one? I'm still on my first battery, but thinking of doing the same thing and proactively replacing it with something like the one you got.

· Super Moderator
6,299 Posts
How much was that one? I'm still on my first battery, but thinking of doing the same thing and proactively replacing it with something like the one you got.
About $160. Not in stock at every store; I found one at the alternative location for our area, but our regular store indicated it was no issue to order it and it would come in on the pallet with their next battery order feed to the store in a week or three. I found the price to be very reasonable. I was able to take my core (old battery) back to my normal store for the credit back, rather than driving all the way back to the Costco location that I picked up the actual battery.

Reactions: TheRaven

· Registered
2021 Ascent Limited Black/Black
760 Posts
About $160. Not in stock at every store; I found one at the alternative location for our area, but our regular store indicated it was no issue to order it and it would come in on the pallet with their next battery order feed to the store in a week or three. I found the price to be very reasonable. I was able to take my core (old battery) back to my normal store for the credit back, rather than driving all the way back to the Costco location that I picked up the actual battery.
Thanks, Jim!

· Registered
20 Posts
I have a 2019 Touring model which is still on the original battery at 60K miles. I have had a couple of instances of slow cranking (not recently) but car always started. At 60K service dealer recommended replacing battery but quoted several hundred dollars, so declined. I will need to replace before winter weather hits in Central NY, so open to suggested replacements?

· Super Moderator
6,299 Posts
I will need to replace before winter weather hits in Central NY, so open to suggested replacements?
Interstate Type 35 AGM from Costco at about $160.

· Registered
57 Posts
2018 build, about 18K on the car & still on original battery. It has discharged twice, but still starts up right away & no noticeable problems.

· Super Moderator
6,299 Posts
Wow that’s tough to find. I just called four Costcos here and none of them had one.
It's not often stocked...I did find it in an alternative Costco location. BUT...they will order it for you and it will arrive on their regular pallet delivery in a couple of weeks. That's not great for someone with an immediate need...AutoZone or similar will have to get the node for whatever they have...but for someone making the change proactively, the deal at Costco is very good. And the battery is excellent, too.

· Super Moderator
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
Well my OE battery’s run may be coming to a close…
I’m sitting in a parking lot with a dead battery, 10.6v if the info display is accurate. Nothing but clicks. 🤷‍♂️

· Super Moderator
6,299 Posts
Well my OE battery’s run may be coming to a close…
I’m sitting in a parking lot with a dead battery, 10.6v if the info display is accurate. Nothing but clicks. 🤷‍♂️
Yup...yer number is up. :)

81 - 100 of 107 Posts