Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the other battery discussions out there I’m curious to see what life we’re getting out of our original batteries (not oem replacements; the one that came installed in your Ascent).

I’ll start, and then report back someday when I do replace it! Mine is a 6/2018 build with 28,684mi on the original battery.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
800 Posts
Original battery from 7/2018 build including one overnight drain from the open rear hatch.

About 19,000 miles.

Reactions: xydadx3

·
Administrator
10,947 Posts
51,185 miles, original battery, car picked up 7/30/2018.

·
Super Moderator
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
51,185 miles, original battery, car picked up 7/30/2018.
I didn’t realize I had my Ascent longer than you! I bought mine on 7/24/18, though I did buy dealer stock, not pre-order. I’d give it a few more months and you’ll be double my miles.

·
Registered
126 Posts
07/18 build, received in Oct. 5/18, just over 6000 miles. Since mileage is so low, I hook it up to a trickle charger every month or so to keep it full. Keeping lead-acid batteries fully charged all the time is the key to prolong their lives.

·
Registered
50 Posts
For batteries, age and load history are more relevant than miles. I took delivery of my Ascent in late July, 2018. Presently about 17,000 miles on the original battery. It still cranks strongly, so I have no plans to replace it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
May 2018 build with ~14K miles. No problems so far with original battery.

Reactions: xydadx3

·
Registered
668 Posts
September 2018 build, MY2019. Took delivery in November. ~15K miles, no problems so far with original battery.

95% of my driving is short (5 to 15 miles) commutes to/from work and local errands.

I do have an accessory (V1 SAVVY) that continues to draw a small amount of power after engine-off via the OBD-II port, but it cuts off after 10 or so seconds. The vehicle is started several times a day via STARLINK remote.

Vehicle is garaged overnight at home. Uninsulated detached garage, NE-Ohio.

Vehicle is garaged indoors at work. Underground garage, winter temperatures typically do NOT dip below freezing.

Summers will see road-trips to the warmer southern states (GA, NC, etc.). Vehicle is typically outside during these stints of upwards of two weeks.

I average about a 4-hour range trip per month in the winters, during which time the rear liftgate is usually open to access my belongings. I do not utilize the welcome/departure lighting feature.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
With the other battery discussions out there I’m curious to see what life we’re getting out of our original batteries (not oem replacements; the one that came installed in your Ascent).

I’ll start, and then report back someday when I do replace it! Mine is a 6/2018 build with 28,684mi on the original battery.
20000 on my 2019 Limited without problems.

·
Registered
559 Posts
About 13k mi on my orig battery. Car was bought 1/19. I can kind of tell it's not in tip top shape though. Some mornings it seems kind of weak.

·
Registered
16 Posts
1 - 20 of 65 Posts