Subaru Ascent Forum banner
161 - 180 of 207 Posts
Baldwin Subaru in covington, la will take VIP for orders. Assume on certain models sitting on the lot they would as well but not the good sellers. As far as I know nobody else down here will even consider VIP so its a plus for us in Louisiana. We get shit allocation down here so they dont get cars like alot of regions do.

I used VIP through PHS on an in stock 2019 at Tom Wood Subaru in Indianapolis.

I went for VIP pricing with my form to Bay Ridge Subaru in Brooklyn, NY and they basically lied to me with a price that is no where near the invoice - 2%. They even had the nerve to charge me $65 for a tank of gas which he said it was customary. The salesman was named Peter. Bay Ridge Subaru was listed as a participant but they clearly don't honor it.

If anyone knows of a particpating dealer in the NYC vicinity, I would appreciate it.
Realize I’m replying to an old post, but I really like Island Subaru. The Bay Ridge dealerships were super shady when I lived there. Island Subaru is very easy to work with. No idea on VIP pricing, tho

Yes in Idaho:

Larry H. Miller Subaru (Boise)

I did approach Treasure Valley Subaru (Nampa) about VIP, but they got quiet awfully fast. Larry H. Miller Subaru in Boise responded quickly with a yes.

I felt bad to a degree as I did 90% of my test driving with Treasure Valley. We even got into the "lets sit down and order one" phase. We walked away however as I knew I could do better with VIP. I pressed them about VIP and then I lost them.

My negotiating skills are in the negative. I could never get these two dealerships to come below MSRP. VIP was my only route with the Ascent.

Yes in Idaho:

Larry H. Miller Subaru (Boise)

I did approach Treasure Valley Subaru (Nampa) about VIP, but they got quiet awfully fast. Larry H. Miller Subaru in Boise responded quickly with a yes.

I felt bad to a degree as I did 90% of my test driving with Treasure Valley. We even got into the "lets sit down and order one" phase. We walked away however as I knew I could do better with VIP. I pressed them about VIP and then I lost them.

My negotiating skills are in the negative. I could never get these two dealerships to come below MSRP. VIP was my only route with the Ascent.
their loss. In reality the price of the vehicle represents only about 25% of where dealers get their profit. Most of their profit is in finance and then split between "insurance, warranties, dealer fees, protection plans, service plans". By the way all of these that I just listed (other than fake fees) can be cancelled at any time (even years after) and you can get either a full or partial refund depending on when you cancel.

The future purchasing experience holds much more of an on-line experience, so you will be able to spend less time in the pressure cooker and have more time to review and complete your research. All you need to do is ask for all the costs and fees ahead of signing the documents and driving away.

Wyatt Johnson Subaru in Clarksville, TN, accepts VIP pricing with voucher.
Subaru of Little Rock in Little Rock, AR, accepts VIP pricing with voucher.
Darrell Waltrip Subaru in Franklin, TN, accepts VIP pricing with voucher.

Reactions: Robert.Mauro
Gresham Subaru near Portland Oregon accepted my VIP purchase but I had to order my Ascent. They are my favorite dealer in the Portland area. I have had no problems with sales, parts or service departments there.

161 - 180 of 207 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.