Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Placed order August 1st. Told delivery by October (month). Oh my, waiting is hard. Haven't seen any innthe wild yet. Last subie was a Forester in 2003, loved it in Houston. Hope we are as happy with this one.

WE are RETIRED now and ready for a trip in it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I also ordered on Aug 1 and was told month of October. But today I received an email from SOA that stated eta of 9/26 delivery to retailer.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm sure the waiting is only made worse by the fact that you are now retired. Did you spend any time in one before placing your order?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Your not a long on the waiting, We order in March didn't get ours till August.

·
Registered
932 Posts
"The waiting is the hardest part..." - Petty

My order goes in 12/22. I'm hoping to have it before my present vehicle is disqualified from the GTP in April, 2019, otherwise I'm screwed! lol

Your not a long on the waiting, We order in March didn't get ours till August.
That's different, they didn't start production yet, so they were just making the queue larger and larger. Now, hopefully, they're chipping away at the backlog.

One of my buddies at work put in a pre-order and they told him about 8 weeks (and we're in that weird NJ distribution rules place)... it would have been 12 if he wanted a hitch, but I think that the backup for the hitch was probably because of the temporary recall or TSB or whatever they had going on with them for a short time.

·
Registered
567 Posts

My order goes in 12/22. I'm hoping to have it before my present vehicle is disqualified from the GTP in April, 2019, otherwise I'm screwed! lol

Be sure to check with CarMax - they did in fact offer the same exact price that Subaru did for my 2015 Outback. Both were above the GTP.

·
Registered
932 Posts

Be sure to check with CarMax - they did in fact offer the same exact price that Subaru did for my 2015 Outback. Both were above the GTP.
CarMax is not a viable option for me. Nearest one is over 2 hours away, and then I lose any tax savings on the trade. For example, NJ I think is 6.675% now, so assuming the trade gets me 10k, that’s 667.50 in savings. Not much in the grand scheme but it does add up to about 6-7% of the vehicle’s value.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
My 2018 Subaru Outback Limited 3.6R has a GTP of $31,429. Not bad, considering I paid $31,700 for it pre-owned. Believe me, I have thought about upgrading to the Ascent.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm sure the waiting is only made worse by the fact that you are now retired. Did you spend any time in one before placing your order?
Yes. Dealer let us have Demo for half day. We put 275 miles of local, back roads, freeway on it. We also did 35 miles with 7 adults in it, I was largest at 260.and 6'2". WE LOVED IT...

·
Registered
126 Posts
If this will make you feel better waiting...

I ordered at end of February and am still waiting. Granted I'm in Canada, but I've seen other Canadians already got their cars long ago even though they ordered way after me. My car is supposedly "in shipping" at the moment, whatever that means (hopefully on a train).

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ordered a White Touring on August 18th. Dealership confirmed it is due for delivery on Oct. 16th

Excited to pick it up!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the emotional support. Notified yesterday, expected delivery is Ocotober 8. Just in time for trip starting the 11th. It's actually coming.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, it won't be here. Bank & I called them today to verify needed check amount. They said "Oh, so sorry! Factory rescheduled delivery to later than originally scheduled. Expect after the 18th, maybe."
Wow, Dealership & Manufacturer not leaving a great impression. High expectations crashed to the ground. Will the car deliver better than that?
One is left with that as the only hope. Luckily I had seen the earlier screen showing 8th as delivery date. Boo Hop, maybe by Hallowen, or will this be an icky bod story?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.