Subaru Ascent Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Ascent Touring
59 Posts
@Robert.Mauro do you know of any good sources for the ODX-AGM24F? Everyone seems to be out or say special order, which tells me those will be waiting too. Seems the Northstar version may be in stock in a few places, though again most show as a special order with a wait time or out of stock. Maybe everyone here is taking your advice and buying them all up! ;)

·
Administrator
12,434 Posts
Just run the Northstar then. They both go in and out of stock from time to time. Same battery though. I am running the Northstar version.

·
Registered
2022 Ascent Touring
59 Posts
Just run the Northstar then. They both go in and out of stock from time to time. Same battery though. I am running the Northstar version.
Thanks - I just tried for a NS, but it came up Out Of Stock after revealing the price and another place said discontinued since ODX bought them. I'll just have to get in line on the special order list - luckily not in a hurry.

·
Administrator
12,434 Posts
Thanks - I just tried for a NS, but it came up Out Of Stock after revealing the price and another place said discontinued since ODX bought them. I'll just have to get in line on the special order list - luckily not in a hurry.
Fortunately, Odyssey didn't buy them. The same parent company (Enersys) is Odyssey and Northstar, and just decided to consolidate their branding. I had the same problem, and kept shopping around online until I found a seller with a bunch in stock. Got it in 4 days.

·
Registered
2022 Ascent Onyx, Ice Silver
538 Posts
This might be another option. Def better than the Subie OEM, 750 CCA with a good reserve capacity, and more affordable.

Reactions: felix_te

·
Administrator
12,434 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just heard back from Subaru and after my long winded email they are giving me a $250 coupon for parts and service. Doesn’t anyone know what the actual specs are for the Subaru battery? I saw on another post that interstate was a better option than the OEM. Costco now sells the AGM batteries also. Also saw that EverStart Maxx was highly rated by CR second to the Odyssey.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
5,625 Posts
FIrebug, I use the Interstate type 35 AGM from Costco in my Ascent. $160.

Reactions: Robert.Mauro

·
Administrator
12,434 Posts
Also saw that EverStart Maxx was highly rated by CR second to the Odyssey.
It's a great choice. But, it's second to Odyssey's consumer line, which, at that price, I'd skip and go to their Xtreme (Northstar's Pro) line instead, which is usually barely more money.

·
Administrator
12,434 Posts
They're all good choices... so, saving a few bucks on the Costco or EverStart Maxx isn't a bad thing. If you ever plan on overlanding for days on end, or doing pet shows or other events where you'll be running power for hours off the car battery, then do some digging until you find one of Northstar's/Odyssey's Commercial series.

Can't lose, either route.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
5,625 Posts
I agree with Robert. "what you do" matters and if you'll be out in the sticks, then absolutely consider the "yuge" battery so you have all the power you can possibly have available. For general driving, any type 35 that has "more" CCA than the original is a good choice; I just happened to prefer to go with the slightly more expensive AGM for my MY19 Ascent when I replaced the battery last December prophylactically.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts