Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Short version: where is the VON listed? Where exactly should the salesperson be looking to find it? FWIW, I'm in New England, and I have read that SNE may do things a little differently.

Version with context: my salesperson is very green (said she'd only started at the dealership 5 weeks before I ordered). At the time, I didn't think it mattered that she didn't really know much since we knew exactly what we wanted, but she does not seem to know where to find the VON for the 2020 Ascent we ordered with her and so we have no information at all on when to expect the new car. I believe the order was put in on June 11. I called her a couple weeks later, explained what VON stands for, and she said that she didn't have any kind of ordering number but that her manager said that the order was accepted by Subaru. Maybe that is just how it is for SNE? I'd like to be able to tell her where to look to find this information for me so that SOA can give me the estimated delivery date - when I called, SOA said that they need the VON to be able to look and didn't mention that SNE did anything differently.

Thanks as always for your insight!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Short version: where is the VON listed? Where exactly should the salesperson be looking to find it? FWIW, I'm in New England, and I have read that SNE may do things a little differently.

Version with context: my salesperson is very green (said she'd only started at the dealership 5 weeks before I ordered). At the time, I didn't think it mattered that she didn't really know much since we knew exactly what we wanted, but she does not seem to know where to find the VON for the 2020 Ascent we ordered with her and so we have no information at all on when to expect the new car. I believe the order was put in on June 11. I called her a couple weeks later, explained what VON stands for, and she said that she didn't have any kind of ordering number but that her manager said that the order was accepted by Subaru. Maybe that is just how it is for SNE? I'd like to be able to tell her where to look to find this information for me so that SOA can give me the estimated delivery date - when I called, SOA said that they need the VON to be able to look and didn't mention that SNE did anything differently.

Thanks as always for your insight!
If I recall correctly, mine was on the second page of the purchase order - on a page that was printed out on plain white paper by the dealership, not a "form" type page. It was on a line with something else. I think it was about 1/3rd from the top of the page. But, each dealerships paperwork/order form may be different.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Some Subaru dealers are set up in buying groups and SOA does not have access to their VONs and you wont get an email from Subaru with a VON.

I had an order that was cancelled by one dealer - i had received an email with a VON from them
The dealer that I'm buying my car from i did not get an email with a VON.

I now have my VIN so not worried. It took about 30 days to get my VIN

1 - 4 of 4 Posts