Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like everyone says when installing the Diode Dynamics Fog Kit to the Ascent (2021 Premium in my case -- never came with fogs) that in addition with the kit we need an extra relay, a fog light button for the cabin, a special mounting screw and a j nut.

Where do I get these items? Any idea what the parts numbers are?

I am having a shop install my fogs so I'd give these things to them when I drop the vehicle off.

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Ascent Limited 2010 Subaru Legacy GT limited
1,140 Posts
Thank you!

By chance do you know why an extra relay is needed?
As far as I know it isn't extra, it is only for the fog lights. When I installed the kit on my legacy the relay spot for the foglights was empty, I just plugged the relay in. The install was actually really easy overall, just install everything, wiring was already in place tied up behind the bumper cutouts all of it was plug and play. I would expect the Ascent to be the same.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As far as I know it isn't extra, it is only for the fog lights. When I installed the kit on my legacy the relay spot for the foglights was empty, I just plugged the relay in. The install was actually really easy overall, just install everything, wiring was already in place tied up behind the bumper cutouts all of it was plug and play. I would expect the Ascent to be the same.
After thinking about it some more, is it relatively easy to find where to plug this relay in? Like the exact spot? After the fogs are installed, if the shop doesn't do it, I'll make sure to have the relay in hand to drop in if need be. I hope it's straight forward.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
After thinking about it some more, is it relatively easy to find where to plug this relay in? Like the exact spot? After the fogs are installed, if the shop doesn't do it, I'll make sure to have the relay in hand to drop in if need be. I hope it's straight forward.
yes it is marked on the underside of the cover to the engine bay fuse/relay box.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes it is marked on the underside of the cover to the engine bay fuse/relay box.
I pulled the lid off and looked at the fuse layout and I'm a little confused. It shows the fuse for the fogs as being one of these tiny ones. (15A). Like this:
Rectangle Electronic device Font Circuit component Magenta

But the one you listed a few posts up looks like this:
Gas Electric blue Auto part Cylinder Household hardware

And on the website I bought it from it lists it as a "fog relay". But I'm confused as to how I plug it in as it doesn't appear like it will fit. And even if it did it, how do I plug it in without having to take out other fuses?

The fog fuse is #32:

Schematic Slope Font Rectangle Parallel

I'm lost. o_O

·
Premium Member
2022 Ascent Touring, 7 Passenger - AWD
180 Posts
I pulled the lid off and looked at the fuse layout and I'm a little confused. It shows the fuse for the fogs as being one of these tiny ones. (15A). Like this:
View attachment 19046

The fog fuse is #32:

View attachment 19048

I'm lost. o_O
The fuse should be like the tiny one in the picture attached. The relays are the big ones and should be labeled.
Product Material property Technology Eyewear Electronic device
Font Rectangle Glass Space Tints and shades

·
Registered
1,140 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol, it suddenly makes sense now. 😂 It's the relay box on the passenger side! (which I didn't know about until reading this post). I opened it up and sure enough found the spot super easy. Thanks!

Will it hurt anything if I plug the relay in before taking my vehicle to the shop for the install? Or if I wait until after everthing is hooked up before putting it in?

·
Premium Member
2022 Ascent Touring, 7 Passenger - AWD
180 Posts
Talking about fuses. I have a question can I just add one Fuse only (2 Amp) on the Fuse Plug (Slot #7) where the Red wire attaches to the plug and leave the other slot empty as there will be the dash Cam only on this slot.

I had more questions I had posted on Dash Cam Installation with Garmin 67W. However it does not show up on New Posts or Popular post as a result I did not get any followup on the topic.

Cable Composite material Wire Electric blue Electrical supply

1 - 11 of 11 Posts