Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read a couple times on this forum about a dash indicator light for the brake lights. I don't see any such indicator on my Ascent Limited. Just where the heck is it?

Also, yesterday when I started the car the tire pressure display immediately showed up indicating the metric tire pressures in all four tires. Okay, that was nice. I had never before seen the actual pressures show up. So I changed the tire pressure units to PSI and tried to get the pressures to indicate again and got just the dotted lines where digital pressures were previously indicated. How do I get the digital pressures to indicate?

This is our first Subaru and so far we love it. Still getting used to the CVT. Highway mileage has been 26.9 (calculated) without using the manual mode.

·
Registered
334 Posts
There is a little car in the center display -- used for Eyesight - ACC/LKA. Look at the tail lights on THAT car.

The PSI -- there is some type of timing issue. Can't remember the exact details so I'm sure someone else will supply.

·
Administrator
13,172 Posts
Brake Lights on Up To Two Displays

There is a little car in the center display -- used for Eyesight - ACC/LKA. Look at the tail lights on THAT car.

The PSI -- there is some type of timing issue. Can't remember the exact details so I'm sure someone else will supply.

The display can sometimes be delayed by a second or two. You can test that by repeatedly pressing and releasing the brake pedal and watching the display react with varying degrees of lag.

The brake lights are displayed two places.
  • LKA monitor on upper center display
  • ACC monitor on driver's center pod

One, both or neither may be on, depending on whether or not:
  • The particular Eyesight function is on (eg: Lane Keep Assist on adds the LKA screen to the info screens on the center display)
  • The display(s) is/are set to that particular info screen (eg: one can change the center display from the LKA display to any of the other displays when LKA is on).

A few other things to note:
  • You can turn on ACC (into standby mode) but not have it active, to benefit from the big display showing brake lights, if you want.
  • On the other hand, LKA only has an on and off mode. If it's on, you will have the display available to you, and it will react when it deems it necessary. If it's off, the display will not be available on the driver pod.
  • If neither is on, you do not have access to either info display screen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.