Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like almost every car I have seen that has landed at a dealership are either Tourings or Premium, at first I thought there were a bunch of Limiteds but realized they were just Premium with the upgraded package which includes the 20 inch wheels but does not have the chrome strip below the doors. Can Carl and any other sales person on this forum tell me about what percent of cars they are ordering are Limiteds and did most get option 23 with the order?

I ordered a White Limited with Black leather and options 23, just wondering, my guess is they are making the cars in batches like many of you have said.

·
Registered
210 Posts
It seems like almost every car I have seen that has landed at a dealership are either Tourings or Premium, at first I thought there were a bunch of Limiteds but realized they were just Premium with the upgraded package which includes the 20 inch wheels but does not have the chrome strip below the doors. Can Carl and any other sales person on this forum tell me about what percent of cars they are ordering are Limiteds and did most get option 23 with the order?

I ordered a White Limited with Black leather and options 23, just wondering, my guess is they are making the cars in batches like many of you have said.

Mine must be with yours! that is exactly what we ordered, with a hitch.

·
Registered
13 Posts
on the way

I just got a call from my sales guy, 4 have arrived at his dealership today, didn't say what trim, but mine was not one. Mine has been released by the DC so will be a couple days before getting on a truck and to the dealership, should be here by the weekend. I have a limited with package 23, hitch and popular pack 2.
Now just have to keep from sinking any more $ into my existing car, had to put a new alternator last Thursday. :crying:

·
Registered
234 Posts
I just got a call from my sales guy, 4 have arrived at his dealership today, didn't say what trim, but mine was not one. Mine has been released by the DC so will be a couple days before getting on a truck and to the dealership, should be here by the weekend. I have a limited with package 23, hitch and popular pack 2.
Now just have to keep from sinking any more $ into my existing car, had to put a new alternator last Thursday. :crying:
Feel your pain. My head gasket on my 4Runner is on borrowed time. That led me to the Ascent. Waiting on My Limited as well. Can not get here soon enough

·
Registered
965 Posts

Of the 15 that I have inbound right now (as in showing shipped rail), 8 are Touring, 4 are Limited (3 x 23, 1 x 21), 2 Premium (2 x 12), 1 Base

I already said they batch produce cars, where's the confusion about that?

They simply have to balance things to make sure they have materials on hand, and that has to filter back to the suppliers. It wouldn't do any good for SIA to schedule a whole lot of Tourings with brown leather if they don't also tell the seating supplier just down the road to produce leather seats, not cloth seats - which also means THAT company has to tell THEIR suppliers they need leather coming in, not cloth. This is not a closed end process - there are hundreds of individual parts suppliers that deliver materials to the plant each and every day as part of the just-in-time process. They ALL have to have things work in the proper sequence.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I was a white with black leather limited in Grand Rapids today. They actually opened it up so I could see the rear buckets and how far they traveled forward and what they looked like in the folded down position. This was what I needed to see as the only one I've crawled through was an 8-passenger and I wanted to make sure of how I would be able to load it with bikes and inflatable kayaks.

·
Registered
92 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
494 Posts

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
My Tungsten Limited with Package 23 just came in today. We ordered February 27th and are located in Northern Ohio.
Do a writeup /review and pictures please!

·
Registered
10 Posts
My Tungsten Limited with Package 23 just came in today. We ordered February 27th and are located in Northern Ohio.
Do a writeup /review and pictures please!
If I get the time, I will post some information. I'm picking it up Thursday evening cause that's when the cross bars come in, then headed on out of town on Friday, so I'm not gonna have much time when I first get it.

·
Administrator
13,172 Posts
If I get the time, I will post some information. I'm picking it up Thursday evening cause that's when the cross bars come in, then headed on out of town on Friday, so I'm not gonna have much time when I first get it.
Which crossbars? Aero or Extended?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.