Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out here in California, seems like we aren't getting the deals. Seems dealerships are sticking to msrp pricing. Plus I read people are getting their soobs earlier, our dealership keeps telling us July mid to end...we ordered first thing way back...so frustrating waiting and waiting and not being able to get a deal. I have even checked costco pricing and I keep getting the quote that since its such a new car...it won't be available thru costco pricing. I keep telling my pooches how nice its going to be in the air conditioning and quiet ride and being able to look out the window... (they are used to being in the back of a heavy duty diesel truck)...except for when its really hot then they have gotten to ride in the back seat (its a crew cab)...:sad:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Out here in California, seems like we aren't getting the deals. Seems dealerships are sticking to msrp pricing. Plus I read people are getting their soobs earlier, our dealership keeps telling us July mid to end...we ordered first thing way back...so frustrating waiting and waiting and not being able to get a deal. I have even checked costco pricing and I keep getting the quote that since its such a new car...it won't be available thru costco pricing. I keep telling my pooches how nice its going to be in the air conditioning and quiet ride and being able to look out the window... (they are used to being in the back of a heavy duty diesel truck)...except for when its really hot then they have gotten to ride in the back seat (its a crew cab)...:sad:
Have you looked into TrueCar pricing? I know they have discounts for AMEX customers and Allstate Insurance (I think there were 2 other ones that they'd do discounts for but I can't find the section that lists it). We got an amazing deal on ours (had to do a new preorder because the dealer we originally ordered from wouldn't price match). It's worth looking into.

Also, people were mentioning you could try to find VIP pricing (if you were willing to donate $500 to the ASPCA and find a dealer who would honor that) or find out what discounts you could possibly get through AAA (I know some were talking about better financing rates, but I'm not sure if they also got a good deal on the purchase price.

·
Registered
149 Posts
It does seem that in most of California the dealers are sticking with MSRP pricing. We are in the same boat. That being said I am hanging onto a glimmer of hope that when the vehicle arrives and we all sit down for paperwork, if presented with invoice pricing (which I have written down) that they will budge a little or throw in some service for free or SOMETHING because paying sticker on the vehicle AND accessories is beyond against my religion. I have deep, frugal Norwegian roots. That being said, just between you and I (and the other 624 people on here or however many members we are up to), once that thing is on the lot we are taking it home no matter what it takes. They started building ours today, supposedly! Fly, wrenches, fly! :grin:

·
Registered
292 Posts
I’ve shared quite a bit of info about ca pricing. NorCal go with Albany Subaru; or SoCal go with Bakersfield. Both offer the most competitive pricing in ca based on my research. You can technically go with Bakersfield anywhere in ca.

Also, Costco pricing works at Albany.

·
Registered
12 Posts
ASPCA isn’t the only organization with VIP ties to Subaru. Dealers seem a little reluctant to honor VIP, but at the end of the day (or month), a sale is better than no sale. Keep trying, and know that competition among dealers is your friend

·
Registered
292 Posts
ASPCA isn’t the only organization with VIP ties to Subaru. Dealers seem a little reluctant to honor VIP, but at the end of the day (or month), a sale is better than no sale. Keep trying, and know that competition among dealers is your friend
Agree with this whole-heartedly. The only issue here is that, seemingly, all dealers I've contacted in California have a lot of confidence that they're going to have a sale at or near MSRP prices. So the decision for most CA dealers unfortunately is: sale at MSRP v. sale at VIP or other discounted prices. Consumers lose.

Keep trying and keep fighting if you feel it's worth your time to save $1000-4000 off MSRP! It was worth it for me (more so because it's a personal principle to not pay MSRP).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, I will try everything to get a price down. We have cash from selling an old car so no financing here...I have got my vip check to show after all the haggling...but I will do anything I can...but then I know we will still buy the dang car anyway...so sad...but so happy...too many emotions buying our touring ascent!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts