Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I've finally decided which wheels to put on my new Blue Ascent.
https://www.discounttire.com/buy-wheels/black-rhino-taupo/p/46336

Here's what they look like on a blue outback, which should be similar. (See attached)

Then later after getting some wear on the stock tires, add these tires:
https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/nitto-terra-grappler-at/p/40435

Yes I do plan on doing some off roading. Have a buddy who took his Forester all over the place. He now owns a 4Runner, but we'll got out exploring! Might even get the LP lift kit.

Attachments

·
Registered
498 Posts
Ambitious first post. I've been looking at wheels/tires myself. Your setup comes in at over 73lbs per corner. I hope you are not concerned over mpgs. I was partial to the black rhino warlords but they are so heavy and expensive to boot.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

·
Registered
227 Posts

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts
Then we can paint them black. Maybe do some chrome delete. Get rid of that shiny stuff ,maybe it will rub off on me.
I love my dark grey Subies. Some people hate the color. I love my Java Brown interior. Some people hate the color. I love the chrome look as much as the blackout look. Some people prefer one over the other.

So, the way I look at it is this: I don't make their car payments, so, I don't complain about what they do to their cars. Instead, I appreciate that they enjoy what they did to their cars. After all, that's what all of this is all about, right? Sharing how each of us found was the best way to each personally enjoy our own Ascents.

Of course, if someone is willing to take over my car payments, I'd gladly black out the chrome, add more chrome, repaint the car, whatever. 😂

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.