Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
10,942 Posts
Hello Friends,

I lost the Key for wheel lock? Does anyone know how much it will cost to get it Fixed?

Thanks
I'd check with your dealer to see if they kept the code.

·
Registered
147 Posts
When you say fix, are you referring to taking the locks off the wheels or replacing the key? If you want to take them off, your ou have a few choices. First is to buy the removal tool which is a socket with metal bars that conforms to most locks, lug nut, etc. I think they are about $30 or so. I’m not sure since I never look for that tool. Second is to take the car to a good tire shop and and have them remove them for like around $20. These shops may use that same tool i mentioned, the the lock with a lug nut breaker, or possibly liquid nitrogen to shatter the lock. The third option is to go to the dealership and have them remove them. Dealerships usually have master key sets that can open all their locks. If you want to replace the key then look in your owners documentation. You should have documentation of the code for key. If it not in your docs, then look in the tools compartment Many times the manufacturer lot dealer will put that info with the spare tire tools. Personally I think wheel locks are a big pain in the ass. Unless you have crazy expensive rims and want a little more peace of mind (thieves already know how to remove those locks easily) otherwise I’d forget them. All they’re good for is losing the key and being stuck somewhere orstripping the lugs from having to use so much force to remove them. I think you’d be better off without them

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Hello Friends,

I lost the Key for wheel lock? Does anyone know how much it will cost to get it Fixed?

Thanks
My local Subaru dealer have master key for them, assuming they're the McGard brand that Subaru sells, and they can remove them for you. Buy them for like $40 per set.

I was shocked that they have master key for McGard lug nuts; just mind boggling.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts