Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the bolt pattern for the Ascent? Would like to shop around for some wheels but cant find what the bolt pattern is for the Ascent

·
Registered
598 Posts
I chatted with fire rack a couple weeks ago and they didn’t have this info yet. I’m curious as well since I have a set of winter wheels and wondering if I’ll need a new set or not with the ascent.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Well, if someone at a car show would just take a mirror and look at the backside of the rim, might get that info. Usually stamped with rim size and width along with the offset (ET).

·
Registered
598 Posts
chatted with Tire Rack again last week; still no info on it. if anyone can take a measurement next time they are at a demo we can prolly get close enough to confirm if its 5-100 or 5-114.3

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am at demo tomorrow. I suspect it is 5-114.3, same as Outback, but need to confirm. I have a 3.6R Outback, going to measure that, then measure Ascent. I will have definitive answer tomorrow. Hoping that it is 5-114.3, that could mean STI wheels are in the cards.... Assuming offsets are appropriate.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I am at demo tomorrow. I suspect it is 5-114.3, same as Outback, but need to confirm. I have a 3.6R Outback, going to measure that, then measure Ascent. I will have definitive answer tomorrow. Hoping that it is 5-114.3, that could mean STI wheels are in the cards.... Assuming offsets are appropriate.
And yes, need to know the stock offset, too, and rim width. Should be stamped on the inside of the rim.

·
Registered
195 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Confirming through tape measure, and verifying on my '16 3.6R outback. The bolt pattern appears to be 5x114.3, they are in fact 7.5 inches wide, unsure on back spacing, but this bolt pattern offers up lots of options.

BTW, the vehicle drove well, only small issues I could complain about were the electric steering seemed a little off, but not bad, again, this was a pre-production car. CVT was OK, kind of use to them, as our '16 Outback has a CVT. Motor was healthy, did a nice freeway on ramp with no one in front, effortless to 90+.

The attention to detail is very good. Subaru really did their homework on this vehicle. I would be surprised if this doesn't win SUV of the year.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Sure would be nice if someone would have a look at the inside of a rim and tell us what the offset is (ET)...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did my best, had test drive by myself with my wife, pulled into parking lot pulled up on curb, locked wheel, crawled under, couldn't see anything on back of wheel due to caliper hiding backside of wheel. only way to see it, is pull wheel off.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Did my best, had test drive by myself with my wife, pulled into parking lot pulled up on curb, locked wheel, crawled under, couldn't see anything on back of wheel due to caliper hiding backside of wheel. only way to see it, is pull wheel off.
Thanks for trying. Not sure where they stamp it, but thought it was closer to the outside of the rim. Could be wrong, though...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts