Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed this blue tape like thing sticking from under my car...any idea whats this? is it safe to pull out? thoughts? thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
There is tape dangling like that all over inside behind the panels. They were probably holding multiple bundles of wires and they separated these wires during the cars production. I have seen that dangling one in the rear as well.
???? so true what Subaru says, from SOA customer care all the way to the service department at the dealerships. It’s like they’ve all been brainwashed and now part of the Subaru cult.

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts
I noticed this blue tape like thing sticking from under my car...any idea whats this? is it safe to pull out? thoughts? thanks!
I believe the light blue tape is being used as some sort of safety tape to cover sharp edges, such as in the top left of your photo. Probably helps prevent cut fingers for the installers.

But, I'll ask around and let you know what I find out.

There is tape dangling like that all over inside behind the panels. They were probably holding multiple bundles of wires and they separated these wires during the cars production. I have seen that dangling one in the rear as well.
Yep, probably some form of temporary installation tape.
???? so true what Subaru says, from SOA customer care all the way to the service department at the dealerships. It’s like they’ve all been brainwashed and now part of the Subaru cult.
Uh, what? I truly don't understand what that means or it's relationship to the question.

·
Registered
198 Posts
At first it looks like a piece of painter's tape to me, but on second inspection, I think it is what is keeping the TR690 together. (too soon?)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.