Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please describe some commands with audio when you are driving. Audio control Ascent embeded or Siri or OK Google.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Today I had my android phone wired to the usb port low on the center console, with Android Auto running. I hit the voice button on the left control area of the steering wheel controls and said "Directions to {address}" and it opened google maps and did the directions. Google maps doing this way was superior (in my opinion) to the build-in navigation on the Ascent.
I have also done some climate adjustments for fun: "Set passenger temp to 70", but it's so easy to do with a hand.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have also done some climate adjustments for fun: "Set passenger temp to 70", but it's so easy to do with a hand.
WAIT... you can use voice controls for climate control!? I thought they were just Carplay/AA.

What else can you control via voice? Where is this documented??

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
WAIT... you can use voice controls for climate control!? I thought they were just Carplay/AA.

It is all documented in the manual for the Starlink head unit, separate from the regular owner's manual. I use CarPlay all the time so I haven't played with the OEM voice commands much.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Awesome stuff. Unfortunately, my phone is plugged in 100% of the time that I'm in the car, so that disables most of the voice control... but still great to know it exists!

Reactions: marktoby

·
Registered
41 Posts
Note that even w the phone plugged in you can use voice command via Subaru by pressing it for a short time. If you press and hold it you will get Siri or whatever your phone’s vice commands are.

·
Administrator
10,954 Posts

It is all documented in the manual for the Starlink head unit, separate from the regular owner's manual. I use CarPlay all the time so I haven't played with the OEM voice commands much.
Yep, it's one or the other. Car commands, OR Android Auto OR Carplay

1 - 10 of 10 Posts